Anyone tried a Primos bow sling on the Mathews VXR 31.5?

Ccoggin

FNG
I purchased a Primos bow sling for my Mathews VXR 31.5 and it is extremely tight and hard to get on. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this combo with different results? The solution may be as simple of as just stretching this new one out a little bit but just checking opinions before i try that. I may end up having to use a different sling system if it doesn't loosen up some though because I don't want to be fighting with a sling on my 1st elk hunt.

Seems like the newer version of the primos sling is for shorter bows. I use it on a 33 ata bow but it has smaller cams than the vxr. It's definitely tight. Mine hasn't stretched much in 3-4 years. So don't know if it will get any better.

OP
C

Ccoggin

FNG
Thanks, I may have to go with a sling that attaches to the bow and then use a Kuiu string cover or something

I tried the sitka and wasnt a fan for the $100. Solohunter makes one that looks identical for $34. but I haven't tried it.
https://solohntr.com/product/solo-hntr-bow-sling/
I purchased a Primos bow sling for my Mathews VXR 31.5 and it is extremely tight and hard to get on. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this combo with different results? The solution may be as simple of as just stretching this new one out a little bit but just checking opinions before i try that. I may end up having to use a different sling system if it doesn't loosen up some though because I don't want to be fighting with a sling on my 1st elk hunt.
I tried my old cabelas brand bow sling and it fits perfectly on my 31.5. Covers cams and strings really well.