Anyone tried carnivore?

IDspud

Well Known Rokslider
I've always been skeptical of fad diets. After two years of tracking macros and working out with poor results I decided to give it a try. Despite adequate protein intake, every time I was in a caloric deficit to cut my strength would absolutely plumet and I would continually have DOMs the whole time, regardless of how I varied intensity and frequency.

I'm still skeptical of the healthiness of this diet. My LDL definitely shot way up (along with HDL), but it sounds like this may not be an issue in some newer research. What was really surprising to me is that after having a BP consistently in the 140's most of my life it dropped to 120/78. And I was salting the hell out of everything. In 28 days I went from 19.7% BF to 11.3%, stopped having any DOMs, my strength stopped crashing, and my gut actually vastly improved. Instead of feeling like a diabetic eating a meal prep every 2-3 hours and getting hangry in between I was now completely satiated for 12+ hours between meals. Instead of a cooler with a bunch of meals to go out for a day I could now throw a ribeye in a ziplock and be set.

Anyone else tried it?

bdan68

Well Known Rokslider
Yes! Been doing it for almost a year and a half. I'm 54 years old and have never felt better. My weight is back to what I was in high school, yet I've got more muscle than I've ever had. Only doing a 20 to 30 minute dumbbell workout at home 3 to 4 times a week for exercise. And a little hiking on the weekends. My diet is mostly steak, ground meat, and eggs. Most days two meals a day, but some days only one.

dtrkyman

Well Known Rokslider
I did it briefly for the hell of it, 2 weeks I think. All I ate was whitetail, some beef ribeye and I had eggs for breakfast.

Felt great, did'nt lose much weight but i am quite lean anyway, basically just got bored with it, I like to eat virtually anything.

*zap*

Well Known Rokslider
I would see how you do with clean one ingredient carbs before I eliminated them completely. Stuff like oatmeal, black beans and sweet potatoes. I am eating high fat, high protein and lower carbs right now..all clean natural foods.

Seeknelk

Well Known Rokslider
I would see how you do with clean one ingredient carbs before I eliminated them completely. Stuff like oatmeal, black beans and sweet potatoes. I am eating high fat, high protein and lower carbs right now..all clean natural foods.
Or add fruit as needed if you start to get tapped for energy. Often, several weeks in, energy levels drop considerably. Fruit agrees with most stomachs very well. And I have a feeling that digestion issues are the main thing you fixed. It's very likely the constant assault of grains or other foods that your digestive system isn't dialed for cause a lot of problems and you've eliminated those issues. Seed oils is one of the main culprits in today's food. Anyway, yes ,I do very well on mostly beef and some fruit.

OP
IDspud

IDspud

Well Known Rokslider
Or add fruit as needed if you start to get tapped for energy. Often, several weeks in, energy levels drop considerably. Fruit agrees with most stomachs very well. And I have a feeling that digestion issues are the main thing you fixed. It's very likely the constant assault of grains or other foods that your digestive system isn't dialed for cause a lot of problems and you've eliminated those issues. Seed oils is one of the main culprits in today's food. Anyway, yes ,I do very well on mostly beef and some fruit.
Yeah probably. For nearly two years I ate clean "one ingredient" carbs. Brown rice, oats, etc. Night and day difference without them. Apparently dairy too. I had a small glass of milk and thought I was going to die.