Anyone tried CBD Oil

AlexK

Lil-Rokslider
if you want some good sites cbdmd.com and cbdlion.com are both legit

brsnow

WKR
Evidently it's ot the same in every State. A buddy of mine in FL has a marijuana purchase card and concealed carry permit.

My cousin on the west coast takes a combination of 5 mg of THC and 5 mg of CBD for RLS with no apparent side effects. I also have RLS but take a traditional RX that leaves me a tad groggy in the AM. I'm looking forward to trying the other combo at some point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HIPPA protects medical marijuana, not sure the state would know.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
HIPPA protects medical marijuana, not sure the state would know.
HIPPA protects psychiatric professionals and their client relationships but they have to report mental illness so they can't buy a firearm.

Last edited:

brsnow

WKR
HIPPA protects psychiatric professionals and their client relationships but they have to report mental illness so they can't buy a firwarm.

Medical marijuana is a prescription and protected.

NUGGET

WKR
I’ve been using thc CBD products for 20 years and love them!!!

Michael54

WKR
If you have a cdl license .3% is the cutoff for cbd oil. Anything higher than that is classified as a positive result drug test according to the fmcsa. Just figured I'd give the truck drivers here a heads up if they are going to use cbd oil.

CBD Oil can be one of two general things. First, it can be just the oil without any effective THC. That version is legal almost everywhere. Second it can contain THC. That is legal as medical marijuana or in states where marijuana has been decriminalized.

The evidence for the non-THC oils, where they eliminated placebo effect (i.e. people fooling themselves), shows that it can reduce inflammation. It is surprisingly much more effective when rubbed on the skin. This is due to poor absorption when swallowed and also deterioration in the digestive process.

That's it. That is all it does without the THC component. For some people that might be enough to justify what is to me an outrageously overpriced fad product. I can afford CBD, but for my rebuilt knee it didn't do any more than daily icing and a compression sleeve.

On the other hand, reducing or eliminating simple sugars has a much more dramatic effect on reducing inflammation throughout the entire body. High sugar diets cause chronic inflammation. One prominent source of dietary sugar is sweetened drinks. Even orange juice has significant dietary sugar. Potatoes and other starchy foods do have sugars (carbohydrates), but these are complex sugars that don't have nearly as significant effects as simple sugars. Eliminate any foods with added sugar and your inflammation will go down. The side benefit is that all inflammation is reduced, including in key areas of the brain where inflammation contributes to chronic depression. Hunger cravings all almost disappear.

After surgery in 2016 I changed to a diet of basically meats and vegetables. The overall results were pretty amazing. The most significant change was a complete lack of craving for food or snacks. I still get hungary, but if I'm busy at work where I have to wait until 3 to eat lunch, I'm not feeling like I'm dying for food. It did more for my knee pain than $150/month powerful CBD oil (I was buying the strongest I could get).

Remember that the human mind can convince us of things working whether they actually do anything or not. A great example is any homeopathic product. They, by definition, do not contain any medicine or even any actual ingredients beyond water or (in pills) inert fillers. But people will swear they "work". Run a test where they receive tap water vs. 30C homeopathic product and there is absolutely no difference in results between the two study groups.

Actual studies show CBD (without THC) does work for one thing. It does reduce inflammation to a degree. But it is extremely expensive for what it actually does. If you can get CBD with THC legally, that is a different story.

At 58, with no testosterone replacement, this way of eating has kept me lean and muscular enough to be very happy with it.

Attachments

• Mike Workout.jpg
    Mike Workout.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 48

CORidgeRunner

Lil-Rokslider
My body responds really well with CBD. I noticed a big difference in normal everyday aches and pains. My wife tried it and couldn’t tell a difference. I think it depends on the person.

FLAK

WKR
How much do you take and how often for it to be effective?

I was taking the water soluble drops, maybe a couple droppers spreadout through the day. Putting it in tea/juice. Found out I cant take it due to my work/physical/blood and urine test.

brsnow

WKR
I use blue sky they provide for many professional teams, so no concern for testing it would seem. My job doesn’t test.

My wife uses it daily for anxiety and it really works for her. It doesn't solve her inflammation but really suppresses anxiety and helps her sleep. do you research and buy from a reputable source. I would recommend finding one that's organic and doesn't use additives like other oils as carriers. It isn't cheap but neither are the effects of years of medications. Pay now or pay later I guess. It has been a journey for us. good luck.

I have been having very severe sciatic nerve pain all the way down my leg from a herniated disc the last month. Been just having to take flexeril and ibuprofen with very mild relief if at all. I mean I have been limping around everywhere and having shitty sleep, and a shitty life basically. I went to my local cbd shop yesterday, lady working there also has had surgeries and nerve pain in here upper vertebrae. She gave me a tincture to try and said to come back tomorrow if it didn’t seem to work and try another blend. We’ll it worked really well after about 90min and kept on working later into the night, helped me fall asleep quite well. Pain came back around 3am but that was a good 8-10 hours of relief. I am no stranger to cannabis, so I had my doubts that it could do what it does without thc. Just got off a med for anxiety and this seemed to help a lot in that dept as well. I will be going back today to get a bottle or two of the stuff. Wish I had tried it much sooner.

rayporter

WKR
i tried capsules for 2 monthts and then tried the oil for a month. nothing zilch nada. no sleep help and still ache..
i have another brand to try to give it one more chance after my surgery for a herniated disc

gbflyer

WKR
I have been having very severe sciatic nerve pain all the way down my leg from a herniated disc the last month. Been just having to take flexeril and ibuprofen with very mild relief if at all. I mean I have been limping around everywhere and having shitty sleep, and a shitty life basically. I went to my local cbd shop yesterday, lady working there also has had surgeries and nerve pain in here upper vertebrae. She gave me a tincture to try and said to come back tomorrow if it didn’t seem to work and try another blend. We’ll it worked really well after about 90min and kept on working later into the night, helped me fall asleep quite well. Pain came back around 3am but that was a good 8-10 hours of relief. I am no stranger to cannabis, so I had my doubts that it could do what it does without thc. Just got off a med for anxiety and this seemed to help a lot in that dept as well. I will be going back today to get a bottle or two of the stuff. Wish I had tried it much sooner.

Been there with that. Might as well fart real loud as take flexeril. Tried the CDB and some good old ganja to little avail. Got some relief with Valium and Dilaudid but that’s not a long term solution. The surgeon fixed it though.

bat-cave

WKR
I have found that "the fixer" salve from beam has worked well as a topical solution for me. They also have a product called "dream" which you mix in water to help with sleep that works great. It does have more than CBD in it, but I have been very pleased with it and I do consistently show better recovery and more cycles in deep sleep when I use it. The bonus is no hangover or grogginess if my sleep is interrupted or otherwise cut short.

I have had limited success with any oral (capsule/liquid) solutions (including those from Beam in capsule form).

Just wondering if it is all it's advertised to be. Pain reliever, etc etc. The Wife would like to try some, she has aches and pains from bulging discs, and I have normal aches and pains of a 66 year old. We have no idea which company to deal with as there are plenty of places selling the stuff. I'm sure there are multiple strengths and different forms (liquid, pills), etc
Anyone use it and can recommend supplier?
I’ve tried the drops under your tongue for sleeping and stress every night for probably a month and never noticed anything. I know lots of people that use the CBD salve for pain relief, but I didn’t notice a huge relief from it either. With the oil I wasn’t completely sure about dosing, when I googled it it seemed like a lot of different information. There are so many different companies I don’t know how you pick one!

Titan34

FNG
Just wondering if it is all it's advertised to be. Pain reliever, etc etc. The Wife would like to try some, she has aches and pains from bulging discs, and I have normal aches and pains of a 66 year old. We have no idea which company to deal with as there are plenty of places selling the stuff. I'm sure there are multiple strengths and different forms (liquid, pills), etc
Anyone use it and can recommend supplier?
I take 3 gummies at night. Seems to help me sleep.
I will also add that there seems to be a significant display between the cheap stuff and the quality stuff. Don’t buy it from the gas station and expect results and the quality stuff tends to be much more expensive than you might expect. I have used some to rub on my feet after a hard day of hunting a couple of times but, for the most part, I want the feedback from body. If something is hurting then something is wrong and I want to know what’s up. Exception might be a migraine or similar but I’m not really prone to that. Sore muscles? Meh, that’s not pain.

Now, if you have a Disease and/or are undergoing treatment, recovering from surgery or a car wreck or similar and trying not to use opioids etc, then fair game.
Groupon has a good deal on the gummies.

2ski

WKR
Don't consume CBD that doesn't have where you can scan and be given information on the testing and lot it came out of. High quality stuff will have the qr code that leads you there. And you can get quality at some gas stations. There are lots of Canabanoids. THC and CBD are two of them. If I really couldn't fail fail drug test, I would consume isolate and see how that worked.

3 types of CBD

Isolate: 100% CBD. There is no other canabanoids in it other than CBD.

Broad spectrum: this has a range of other canabanoids but does NOT include THC.

Full spectrum: this contains the full range of canabanoids INCLUDING THC. But the amount of THC in it can only be a tiny tiny amount. This is why the companies that rigorously test are important to buy from.

My stores sell CBD and I'm always getting product to try. All 3 different types affect me differently from what I've tried. Try them and see what you think for yourself.