Anyone tried CBD Oil

Just wondering if it is all it's advertised to be. Pain reliever, etc etc. The Wife would like to try some, she has aches and pains from bulging discs, and I have normal aches and pains of a 66 year old. We have no idea which company to deal with as there are plenty of places selling the stuff. I'm sure there are multiple strengths and different forms (liquid, pills), etc
Anyone use it and can recommend supplier?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bought some for a calf issue and just to try for aches.....can’t say for 100% it is working but I believe so....of all the hunters out there this guy is the real deal and he and his wife back this product and is my next purchase regarding this type of item will be from him. His name is Ryan Lampers 2BD14157-7B8C-4612-B14D-5C91DB08A6FB.png

OXN939

WKR
Get it from a reputable distributor, and it's fantastic stuff. As with many medications derived directly from plants, its effects are not immediately dramatic. Take it for a while, though, and you'll notice them- decreases inflammation, helps with headaches, and most importantly for my end, is a very effective sleep aid. I recover much, much better when using it.

Really quite sad that it has been labeled as taboo because of a wave of xenophobia that happened in the 1920s. CBD oil is about as dangerous as olive oil, whereas the prescription sleep aid I still have a full bottle of lists liver jaundice as a potential side affect.

Some employers warn against CBD usage due to chance of testing positive on drug tests...

Last edited:
Love the stuff. It has helped me get off Prozac for anxiety. Make sure you try reputable brands.

People have been asking what brand I use. I get mine locally from three old combat vets. I'm not sure if their website is up yet. They are rbd research lab Inc out of Spokane WA

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
One of my athletes is sponsored by Koi CBD.
He's 34. He's been jumping off huge cliffs on ski's for a couple of decades, for a living. He's had his share of bumps and bruises to say the least.
He swears by it for pain relief and sleep quality.

I used it one time, for a migraine. I usually get 1-2 migraines a year. Standard procedure is to take an ibuprofen and sleep for 4-6 hours. With the CBD, the migraine was far less severe (about half) and only lasted 1.5 hours. I was impressed, but that's just one time.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm very skeptical of anything I don't even use ibuprofen. I believe diet & sleep is everything. Give your body what it needs to fix itself. However my wife has what seems like every CBD product from every company under the sun, god knows how much this shit has cost me. She always looking for the miracle pill. She says this stuff is working for her. I would say honestly the only thing I've noticed with her is she started sleeping better. She always had problems sleeping, now she sleeps good that led to her having energy to burn so she started exercising more consistently that led to her losing weight. Now her confidence is way up so she doesn't eat "comfort food" anymore so here diet has drastically improved. I don't think it's magic I just think it helps her sleep and that was the root of her issues for the most part

Poser

WKR
I will also add that there seems to be a significant display between the cheap stuff and the quality stuff. Don’t buy it from the gas station and expect results and the quality stuff tends to be much more expensive than you might expect. I have used some to rub on my feet after a hard day of hunting a couple of times but, for the most part, I want the feedback from body. If something is hurting then something is wrong and I want to know what’s up. Exception might be a migraine or similar but I’m not really prone to that. Sore muscles? Meh, that’s not pain.

Now, if you have a Disease and/or are undergoing treatment, recovering from surgery or a car wreck or similar and trying not to use opioids etc, then fair game.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have not used it myself, but I know many people who have used it with varying degrees of success; some swear by it and some don't see that it is more or less effective than other treatments. No one I know who has tried it completely discounts it, just varying degrees of success.
I just did a search of my university library for articles about clinical trials. Short story is that there are tons of NONscientific articles using anecdotal evidence to either praise or discredit CBD use. There are almost no clinical trials that have been published in peer reviewed journals. The peer reviewed articles that have been published seem to be slightly leaning towards the "no more effective than the placebo, but needs more research" angle.
My feeling is that if you are looking at different treatments for pain you need to look at the side effects of the treatment too. Longterm use of ibuprofen and/or acetaminophen is bad for you. If CBD has less harmful side effects I figure its ok if its not quite as effective.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have tried several. The only one I can say has worked for me is Venga.

When I take it I have WAY less joint/muscle pain. When I stop taking it the pain comes back. I have zero ties to the company.

I’ve gone through times of daily use for 4-8 weeks at a time. It helps me chill out at the end of the day, and get ready for bed. I haven’t noticed any long term effects (good or bad) other than the hours immediately after taking it. It’s hard to justify the high cost ($100 per month).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDog00

WKR
I will also advise you to use caution when taking it. I had a coworker get canned because he failed a piss test. He was taking CBD and said it was supposed to be 100% THC free.

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
It definitely helps with my anxiety....hopefully I’ll be able to eventually get off the anxiety meds for good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk