Anyone tried Omeals?

critrgitr

Lil-Rokslider
I have been looking for a lower sodium option to mountain house and saw these “Omeals” on Amazon. They look pretty decent. Has anyone tried them?

scooter25

FNG
I have tried them a few times. They are very convenient since you don't need a stove or fuel to heat them up but I don't think they are worth it. They have their own heating element that reacts with any liquid. One time of them heating element took about 10 minutes to start the reaction with the water and start heating up. The other 2 times i've used them the reaction started right away and was hot within 5 minutes. They are very small portions, most of them are only about 250 calories per bag. You really need two for a decent meal. To me they take up too much space for the amount of calories provided in my opinion.

I bought some of these and I was looking for dirt to eat to get the taste out of my mouth.... Heavy, and awful...

This is coming from a guy that loves MRE meals

The two that I had were really good, just small.

Pasta fagoli and the hash browns.

I'm not sure what the guys who didn't like them tried? Obviously they're not a backpacking option but good for a quick meal.

Hash browns were I guess ok.
The other one was chicken rice beans thing.
But as far as hash browns there are so many things that are a better value.

Ears

FNG
A couple I had were good, and some I would rather chew on styrofoam (cheese curds). As mentioned, weight was just too much for me to pack in, and the portions were smaller.

Worked great though and the meals I had were pretty good.

Might be awesome for your everyday in/out hiker.