Anyone try cheap amazon down pants?

Trees91

WKR
Talked my wife into deer hunting late season with me. She has hunted with me before but strictly earlier season hunts because of the cold. Found some cheap Chinese made down pants on amazon. Has anyone tried them? Specs sound ok. 700 fill, 9oz and pack down small. Would be worn under technical fabric rei hiking pants. I just want her to stay warm and not have to buy her kuiu or similar down pants.
Men Women Winter Warm Packable Down Pants Compression Snow Trousers Windproof Water-Resistant Outdoor Camping Insulated Pants with Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JXY3G5P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uqvBFbFEEFCQP

Wrench

WKR
I've done it. Make sure you size up a size or 3. I can wear a medium to large in many lines and am a x to XXL in China. Expect garbage zippers and pokey down....but warm.

OP
Trees91

Trees91

WKR
I just found them on eBay (Amazon’s expected delivery was nov-dec) and ordered them. We’ll give them a try. Should be here around oct 10th.

ChrisAU

WKR
For cheap check out True Timber Pulse Packable Down Pants. I’m a gear ho and these are actually what I’ll be taking into the backcountry in a couple weeks.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
you can find under armour ridge reaper down pants new on ebay for $80 ish. Fill side zips and 800 fp. They claim to be wind proof too, but I kinda doubt that will be the case.

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago I bought the cheap ones from ebay (same brand as amazon). No zippers is a killer for me. I never took them hunting cause without zippers, they were a pain. A buddy of mine has those true timber pants, I think opticplanet sells them too. His were impressive for the money and had zippers

ChrisAU

WKR
Years ago I bought the cheap ones from ebay (same brand as amazon). No zippers is a killer for me. I never took them hunting cause without zippers, they were a pain. A buddy of mine has those true timber pants, I think opticplanet sells them too. His were impressive for the money and had zippers

They are like 90% zip though, so only good for outside the pant. Which is fine for me, but I would like the option of a full zip.

Anyone have a weight on the UA down pants? Curious how they stack up against the kuiu ultras.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a weight on the UA down pants? Curious how they stack up against the kuiu ultras.
my size large were 16 or 17 oz.. from some other threads people had said they're closer to the SD pro's than the ultra's as far as warmth goes, and the weight reflects that as well.

my size large were 16 or 17 oz.. from some other threads people had said they're closer to the SD pro's than the ultra's as far as warmth goes, and the weight reflects that as well.
Good to know thanks.

For cheap check out True Timber Pulse Packable Down Pants. I’m a gear ho and these are actually what I’ll be taking into the backcountry in a couple weeks.

How is the sizing on these? For over my pants not sure how to size. I wear a 33 pant that I want these to fit over.