Anyone use Mystery Ranch Quick Draw Bino

Bcaulder

Lil-Rokslider
I am seriously considering moving from my Badlands bino bag to the Quick Draw. Anyone have a bad experience with it? Do the side pockets fit a range finder? Thought?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yea I have one. Construction is solid. Side pockets are plenty big for a range finder. Only complaint is it digs into the shoulders a bit but I haven’t seen any other strap system that’s significantly different.

Jay C

FNG
I have one and like it a lot. Wore it for a week straight in CO last year with a loaded pack, and wear it all the time back east hiking and treestand hunting. I keep the lid tucked in for quick access to binos and only close it if I have to duck or crawl to prevent them from falling out. I zip tied my rangfinder pouch to the sidestrap, and use the side pockets for windchecker and calls. Its comfortable and fairly low profile.

Trial153

WKR
If you can deal with a front to back opening lid then it's a good a out there.

Brushhawg

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using a marsupial w/ 10x42s the last couple years and the only complaint I have is dust getting in the sides and on the glass. As far as comfort, low profile, ease of opening/use and durability I dont think it can be beat.

I picked up some 12x50s this spring and my #1 priority for a case was full containment to protect them from the NM dust. I gave the quick draw a shot because it has some material that comes down on the sides, where the marsupial is open, to in theory provide full containment. Overall I am really underwhelmed by the quick draw. Its overly strappy and baggy compared to the snug fitting low profile of the marsupial. The bino fit in the case was also baggy and loose. Most importantly, the extra side material was pretty worthless in providing full coverage. The material hangs out the sides and still leaves a big opening for dust to come thru. That and I really dislike a case that opens towards me after having on that opens away.

I ended up with the Sitka bino bivy for my 12xs. It keeps out the dust, is super light for its size and fairly slim profile which I like. If I had my druthers it would be a marsupial with full containment. For the time being I think the Sitka will work out fine.

Brushhawg

Lil-Rokslider
I'll have a large one in foliage nwt in the classifieds shortly if you're interested.

OP
B

Bcaulder

Lil-Rokslider
I'll have a large one in foliage nwt in the classifieds shortly if you're interested.
I would be but I have Diamondback 10x42... Pretty small binos.

GregB

WKR
I like mine, not sure if you would be able to fit a range finder I the side pocket. The one thing you need to be careful of is the magnet clicking back together when the top is open. I just tuck the strap inside and it seems to solve the problem.

OP
B

Bcaulder

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input, everyone. I bought one from MR and on first blush it seems like a great bag. I do see how the shoulder straps could start to be a pain after a while, but I keep my Bino bag light so hopefully it will be fine.