Anyone use the hamskea versa rest

Anyone use the hamskea versa rest. I have heard nothing but great things about this rest, other than the price.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Justin, I don't personally shoot one, but I met the Hamskea guys at Redding this year. They both were shooting them along with Tim Gillingham without issue. I put my hands on them and they are rock solid. I think you could use it to drag a deer with it is so solid. The concept is pretty solid, drop away off limb or cable or lizard tongue for target. Pricey, but probably would last a lifetime.

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
Why yes I do.

Have nothing but great luck with it on all my hunting and target rigs.

I think your close to Archery in the Wild in Longmont. If your interested in trying one I'd be glad to meet you there and set one up for you. Give me a call or text at 970 222 8568.

Jeremy

Justin, take Jeremy up on his offer. Like him, I have the Versa Rest on both my Hunting and Target rigs. I have had nothing but great luck with the rest, and will have it on my set-up's from now on.

Chuffness

FNG
I too have been seriously contemplating this rest. After the issues i have had with my current rest I am in need of a good quality rest that is easier to tune. I was really hoping for something with micro adjust. So the Apache micro was something to consider. However I keep coming back to the Versa. Although it doesnt have micro adjust on it the machining is supposidly nice enough where its not really necessary... Tim G introduced this rest to me at BATB this year and was very helpful.

J-Daddy

WKR
I've been shooting the Versa Rest for awhile now...Had it on a few different bows in that time frame and I love it. It is the highest quality rest on the market, no slop in any part of it, ball bearings throughout and just flat out built like a tank. It's not the lightest or the most streamlined but the quality is worth a little extra weight. As far as the lack of micro adjust, this is one of the few rests built where you really don't need it, the machining is so good and the tolerances are so tight it's pretty easy to make small adjustments on it. Granted, micro adjust is still easier but as far as non-micro adjust rests go this one is tops.

OP
justin davis
Well my current rest broke two days ago. Bought had a meltdown. At least it isn't the season yet! Yesterday I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one from Lancaster.

Thanks Jeremy! I ordered it before seeing your offer!

DesertRat

FNG
Justin,

If you have any questions on the rest, shoot me a PM. I shot 8 animals with the prototype last year. It works from DIY bivy elk here in Colorado to treestand whitetails in Kansas. Shawn Monsen shot his caribou on Adak Island (reference Bone Collector TV show) and Chase Fulcher just shot his grizzly bear and just two weeks ago a tule elk with the VersaRest.

-Andrew

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Cage on my Limbdriver Pro-V cracked. Vapor Trails is taking care of me, but... Now I'm doubting it a bit... Would like to hear more thoughts / reviews on the Hamskea Versa Rest. Pictures set up or at draw would be appreciated. Not something I have seen here in AK.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its a spendy sucker! I should have priced it before I blabbed about it!! : )
What way did you set yours up? Pretty good video on the Hamskea home page that gives an overview....

Anyone in Alaska running one of these?

Last edited:
OP
justin davis
Its a spendy sucker! I should have priced it before I blabbed about it!! : )
What way did you set yours up? Pretty good video on the Hamskea home page that gives an overview....

Spends sucker but well worth the price. Really loving this rest. I'm shooting it top limb driven. Very accurate and like Aron mentioned "tough"

ckleeves

WKR
The Cage on my Limbdriver Pro-V cracked. Vapor Trails is taking care of me, but... Now I'm doubting it a bit... Would like to hear more thoughts / reviews on the Hamskea Versa Rest. Pictures set up or at draw would be appreciated. Not something I have seen here in AK.

Just a heads up if your pro-v is a 2011 the cage is a weak point IMO and will continue to break. I went through 3 before I got the 2012 and it looks tougher but I'm also thinking about the Hamskea they look bombproof!

OP
justin davis
I used to shoot limbdrivers. Got tired of them breaking. So went to the hamskea. So glad I did!!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just a heads up if your pro-v is a 2011 the cage is a weak point IMO and will continue to break. I went through 3 before I got the 2012 and it looks tougher but I'm also thinking about the Hamskea they look bombproof!
The guy I talked to the phone told me it was worth the $25 to upgrade to the new model. I'll at least do that as a starting point...

ckleeves

WKR
The guy I talked to the phone told me it was worth the $25 to upgrade to the new model. I'll at least do that as a starting point...

That's what I did also. It does seem stronger than the 2011 design and mine did fine this past season. It's quieter also. Still thinking about switching but I love the design of the pro-v just wish they were a little tougher.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I did also. It does seem stronger than the 2011 design and mine did fine this past season. It's quieter also. Still thinking about switching but I love the design of the pro-v just wish they were a little tougher.
Good to know. At least it gives me a workable solution until we get a Rokslide group buy going with Hamskea.. : )