Anyone use the hamskea versa rest

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Put me on the list for the group buy. I'd be interested.
Just for the record I was totally kidding and wishing all at the same time.. : ) I have no connection with Hamskea or any line of sight to a group buy! I was just trolling so to speak. : )

Gman

WKR
Just for the record I was totally kidding and wishing all at the same time.. : ) I have no connection with Hamskea or any line of sight to a group buy! I was just trolling so to speak. : )

As was I! Dad always said you'll never know if you don't ask.

The price is up there BUT for its abilities there is no match!!!

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

Love my Versa Rest!!

The versatility (aka VERSA rest :) ) is what I love. The RKT cams from Hoyt for 2012 and 2013 just flat out TUNE and perform better with a limb-driven style rest. The best thing about it....I was able to play with it in cable driven mode and it wasn't tuning up quite the way I liked. So I ran it as a limb-driven to my upper limb and DONE...2 shots!!! Then when I added my Tight Spot I couldn't suck it in close enough because of the cord SO..I flipped it around and ran the cord to my bottom limb w/o changing my tune or anything. Then for kicks after it was all done I put on a 2 piece anyway :)

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I won't be changing out my bow anytime soon. So curious if you have seen one of these on an Elite Z28? My Prov V is limb-driven via my upper limb. My quiver is the bohning chameleon 5 and it mounts off my MBG Rush so I think I could still go top limb. ??? Although I'm looking to upgrade my components after the 1st of the year.

The VERSArest and the MBG Ascent are my leading choices for the moment... : )

OP
justin davis
The versa rest will work on any bow. It's a huge upgrade over the limbdriver (I have used limbdrivers for about 6 years). Versa rest is awesome!!

ckleeves

WKR
I'm bumping this thread because I was about to pull the trigger on a used VR and the seller told me the reason he is selling it is because its noisy. Said for hunting he thinks it's to loud. Any truth to this or does he have it set up wrong?

J-Daddy

WKR
I'm bumping this thread because I was about to pull the trigger on a used VR and the seller told me the reason he is selling it is because its noisy. Said for hunting he thinks it's to loud. Any truth to this or does he have it set up wrong?

Set up wrong, he doesn't have the stops adjusted right.

OR Archer

WKR
Id like to see one of these in person. I like the options that the rest provides. I think the only negative I could maybe come up with is weight but I don't really think of that as a negative when a piece of equipment has purpose and function.

J-Daddy

WKR
Id like to see one of these in person. I like the options that the rest provides. I think the only negative I could maybe come up with is weight but I don't really think of that as a negative when a piece of equipment has purpose and function.

It's not THAT heavy really, sure it's heavier than most but not to the point where you hate it after you get it on the bow.

OR Archer

WKR
I'm sure its not but that was the only fault I could find with it and I don't consider it a real fault at all. I run a Tommy Hogg on my bow so if I'm willing to run that much weight in a sight I can spare a couple more ounces in a rest lol.

J-Daddy

WKR
Trade that Tommy Hogg in for a CBE or Ascent and you could put 4 or 5 Hamskea rests, 3 more quivers full of arrows and a couple more stabilizers on the bow and have it weigh what it weighs now...lol