Anyone use the Samsung Smartwatches?

Luked

WKR
Fiance is wanting some type of Fitness tracker type watch and thought since we both use Samsung phones I would get both of us a Samsung Smartwatch.
thought some of you all gear heads might use them and was wanting to see if you had any opinions on them

2ski

WKR
No experience with the samsung watches, but I have a Garmin Forerunner. I can't talk into it for calls like a samsung or apple watch, but I can map my hikes with speed and elevation and distance. HR monitor, step count, ect. I really like it. It's waterproof. You can swim with it and it measures that too(its a triathlon watch so swimming, running and biking are right in its wheelhouse). It measures sleep too. If I wear it while I sleep it tells me how much I was in deep and light sleep for. I download the garmin app to my phone and there's a lot available to see and chart. If you sync the under armor app, you can use both to track caloric intake and calories burned.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Following as I am interested in this as well, going between a samsung and something like a garmin. Feel like the samsung is better for day to day and garmin better for workouts and outdoor activities. I could be incorrect and if I am would love to hear why.

Hundle

FNG
Fiance is wanting some type of Fitness tracker type watch and thought since we both use Samsung phones I would get both of us a Samsung Smartwatch.
thought some of you all gear heads might use them and was wanting to see if you had any opinions on them
It depends on what do you need these watches for, Samsung watches are accessories, that are pretty fragile on top of that. I'd recommend you to get your fiance a triathlon watch, as they are better quality, have a lot of functions and are waterproof. They should be durable, so they will hold out for a long time, and on top of that, motivate you to practice sports. If you don't know what to pick, here is an article that talks about some of the best triathlon watches in 2019 click here

Marble

WKR
I have the galaxy watch and it is not fragile at all. I'm really hard on my stuff with all my hunting and work stuff. Battery works for around 3 days. Charges quickly and its easy to use. It tracks my exercise and what. I'm sure there are apps that can do it better but I really dont care about that stuff.

I'd it broke I would get another.

I got this particular watch because of the battery life and its waterproof.

slowyota

FNG
Same experience as Marble - love my Samsung watch. Wear it for work and hunting. And like him I got it because it's waterproof. I'll probably have this watch for a long long time.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Same as marble. I like mine. Seems sturdy. Been a couple times I said poop I just messed it up and not even a scratch on the face yet. Not a huge fan of the band. But don't dislike it enough after 6 months to start looking for a new band. If you travel alot and dont have the 10 with the wireless charging for the watch dont forget your dock.

Went from Samsung to Garmin...couldn't be happier. I get 4-5 days on a charge and the GPS and heart rate functions are way more accurate.

ashanks52

FNG
My experience has been that the apple watches are not durable at all, but I have never used the Samsung ones. I have been seriously considering a Garmin recently though...

PhotoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
The Samsung's are clearly the best reviewed from my research. I'm waiting for a Google Pixel watch.

PhotoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
You think the Samsung offerings are better than the Garmin ones?
Just looking at the reviews. I haven't used them. I'm more interested in the phone interface features than the workout features. When Google comes out with a watch, I think it will be very feature rich.

davescarp

WKR
samsung watch active user. don't love the battery life. last about a day and a half. i can't speak through it but dont really want to. it does HR and GPS fine and I can play music through bluetooth headphones for running which is dope.