Anyone use Venmo?

mcseal2

WKR
I had Paypal wrongly flag a scope purchase as a firearm purchase a while back. I no longer have a Paypal account. I have some clothes and gear I’d like to put in the classifieds. Anyone use a method other than Paypal for transactions like that? Thanks for the help.

I use it some, but they have taken to reporting some credit card purchases as cash advances which absolutely blows and ruins it.

I don’t pay for hobby items with bank transfers because I have needed my CCs fraud protection before.

I had Paypal wrongly flag a scope purchase as a firearm purchase a while back. I no longer have a Paypal account. I have some clothes and gear I’d like to put in the classifieds. Anyone use a method other than Paypal for transactions like that? Thanks for the help.
Paypal owns Venmo
Just FYI: PayPal owns venmo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Echo you

gdc23

FNG
I wasnt aware Paypal does not allow firearms transactions, It would be nice if a better option that provided purchaser protection was available

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Paypal did not directly tell me it was that, they just shut down my account and would not talk to me. A google search showed this is just what they do, I was not alone. The only purchase I had recently was a SWFA 3-15 I had bought so that had to be the purchase that caused the issue. Pretty poor customer service in my opinion.

Pbm20

FNG
I second all the positive comments on Venmo. Process a lot of payments through it and it’s been great. But Zelle does seem to be more secure. Just not as widely used at the moment for my needs.

Jardo

WKR
do not buy anything related to firearms. venmo is paypal without protections. if they suspect it’s firearms or related to firearms (ammo), and they find out or if the transaction is challenged by either party, your account will be locked and you won’t get your money back.

i bought a bike and had to fight when the seller thought i was a fraudulent buyer. don’t use it for transactions. there are no protections in place for buyers or sellers.

use paypal or apple pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quin

FNG
I've used Zelle quite a bit for things like paying a babysitter. I like it alot and it works great for that sort of thing. But it had no fraud protection or dispute resolution last I checked - - once the money is transferred, there is no going back. Just an FYI.