Anyone Used the Mystery Ranch Back Strap?

Loper

WKR
I just bought a Mystery Ranch Metcalf and noticed that there is an accessory called the "Back Strap" that helps secure your load to the frame. It is on sale right now on Black Ovis, but the single review for it is only 3 stars. I've looked for other reviews on the forum as well as on YouTube and can't find much.

Anyone have this? If so, does it work well? Do you recommend it to help haul heavy loads or does the standard overload feature on the pack suffice?

bruno59

WKR
The overload shelf works well but i like the back strap because once you get back with the first load you remove the bag completely and just use the back strap for the next loads plus you can move the load up further on your back if you want and the back strap has a strip on orange on it which is nice

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Thanks for the feedback! I probably won’t take advantage of the sale on this and wait to see how the overload shelf works on the pack before considering buying the back strap. Pack should be coming in next week.

mdf21

Lil-Rokslider
i've been using the back strap for training with weighted pack. again, the full pack and load shelf will do the same but just minimizing a bit.

Cmor_15

FNG
How would the back strap hold a weight? Like a 45 lb plate. I have a Selway and have been wondering if the back strap would be a good option for off season training.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
I don't think that the back strap would have any issues holding a 45 lb plate.Its got a couple of straps on the side to make sure it doesn't slip off the side. Just want to make sure you have it secured well.

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
I used a beartooth 80 last season and did just fine without it