Anyone used the REI Half Dome SL3+ tent?

Luked

WKR
Wife and I are planning a trip to CO this summer to do some backpacking/Fishing and camping for a few days.
also planning on using this time to be able to view my Plan B area that I might hunt in this coming Sept.
I have a Seek Outside Silex but the wife is more worried about the bugs and creepy crawlies and wants to use a full tent. So the REI SL3+ is the one we are looking at, but wanted to ask you all if you had any experience with it or if there might be something thats better for us to use.

I have an older one. It is fine. Doesn’t see a ton of use Since I bought a z packs 3 person. It is like most REI gear I have owned - functional, durable and reasonably priced, if not the bleeding edge of innovation. If I were buying today (and didnt want to pay up for Dyneema) I would consider it, especially if I could pick it up on sale. If you are open to other brands, I would also take a look at Nemo, big Agnes and tarptent.

rcb2000

WKR
I have it, picked it up primarily for family camping. It’s a great tent, sets up easy, and is very functional.

You could do a lot worse! It is a very solid tent and will give you plenty of space.

It isn’t the best in high winds or snow but it is capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the previous version in a two man tent. It has been a really good tent. I have had zero complaints, and actually think its a bargain. I would guess that i have spent 20-30 nights a year in it for 7 or 8 years In just about any weather you could imagine with not a single issue. It has been in windstorms, 6 straight days of pouring rain, blizzard conditions, and just about anything else you could imagine. I have used it on 1 night trips, up to 10 day trips. If the newest model has the same durabillity and quality it would be tuff to beat, especially if you buy it when REI has one of their 25 percent off sales. I have not had any negative experiences with any REI branded stuff I have purchased and used a lot, so I would assume this newer model to be a great product as well.