Anyone using a tactical bipod?

ID_Matt

WKR

More PRS shooters used Harris than any other bipod in 2019, that should say enough. PRS is far more demanding than LR hunting.
2 year old survey... I shoot PRS and still see some harris but I would imagine Atlas has over taken them. Several options out that do things better than a harris. Atlas is more robust and better all around. Spartan is substantially lighter. MDT has 10x more adjustability.

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
2 year old survey... I shoot PRS and still see some harris but I would imagine Atlas has over taken them. Several options out that do things better than a harris. Atlas is more robust and better all around. Spartan is substantially lighter. MDT has 10x more adjustability.
We're lucky to have tons of products to choose from these days. One thing I've been doing that helps a lot is being really honest with myself about the main purpose I want a product to fill. For example, Spartan builds as strong and stable as a bipod can be to meet a certain weight target. Choosing a product that is portable and doesn't bog better rifle down is important to a lot of people, but we wouldn't even try recommending it to someone who needs that extra 5% of stability or adjustment that a heavy bipod can provide.

MartinD-35

Lil-Rokslider
Looks pretty mean! But im finding that going carbon fiber and having more length is more practical in the mountains.

I find bipods (even the longer ones) less useful than a set of shooting sticks. Too often the brush is too tall to use a bipod and when it isn't, my pack works just as well.

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I find bipods (even the longer ones) less useful than a set of shooting sticks. Too often the brush is too tall to use a bipod and when it isn't, my pack works just as well.

I've run into that situation too. In these instances I try to shoot off my tripod for that extra stability over something like shooting sticks

MojaveJim

FNG
Any thought about an Arca Swiss (RRS) rail adapter for it. I have been using your MLOC adapter for my XLR chassis & Javelin pro but being able to run it the length of the rail would be great

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Any thought about an Arca Swiss (RRS) rail adapter for it. I have been using your MLOC adapter for my XLR chassis & Javelin pro but being able to run it the length of the rail would be great

I would like to see that as well. Would be sweet to be able to move it wherever you need it.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I was at the bench yesterday getting my predator rifle sighted back in after adding the suppressor. The Valhalla is very steady and I shoot very accurately using it.

20210901_143912.jpg