Anyone using or tried Sheep Feet insoles?

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I see someone asked about this a few months back and there was no feedback. Just curious if any of you guys are running these yet and what your thoughts are? They aren't cheap but Ive found that most good stuff usually isn't. Would love to hear if any of you have tried them.

Sadler

WKR
I’m sure I’m the exception on this but here’s my experience

I ordered a 3/4 insert for my running shoes and they make it feel like I’m running with an elevated heal. Not for me. Wish I could return them but since they’re custom, I’m not going to ask.

The full inserts I put in my work boots and they’re very comfortable, don’t get me wrong, but I got them for preventative maintenance reasons. Which I think is where I messed up. If I had arch support issues already, I doubt I would have any complaints. But I wanted to prevent future injuries/problems with my feet and shore up some hot spots that I experience right now.

Like I said, I don’t have any arch support issues but after putting 75-100 miles on them, My arches have weakened and get sore and hurt if I’m not using these inserts. Which sucks. I mainly notice this walking around barefoot, after a 3/5 mile run with running shoes with the stock insole or when I’m rockin my crocs at the house (in sport mode, just in case)

Now if you just use them while hunting, I think they would work well since you constantly have weight on your back. I’m going to give them another chance on my next backpack hunt since I paid $225 for them, but for my day to day stuff when I’m not carrying anything extra, I’m sticking with super feet. It’s almost like they do such a great job at giving you arch support, that your feet become very reliant on them.

OP
TexDoc

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure I’m the exception on this but here’s my experience

I ordered a 3/4 insert for my running shoes and they make it feel like I’m running with an elevated heal. Not for me. Wish I could return them but since they’re custom, I’m not going to ask.

The full inserts I put in my work boots and they’re very comfortable, don’t get me wrong, but I got them for preventative maintenance reasons. Which I think is where I messed up. If I had arch support issues already, I doubt I would have any complaints. But I wanted to prevent future injuries/problems with my feet and shore up some hot spots that I experience right now.

Like I said, I don’t have any arch support issues but after putting 75-100 miles on them, My arches have weakened and get sore and hurt if I’m not using these inserts. Which sucks. I mainly notice this walking around barefoot, after a 3/5 mile run with running shoes with the stock insole or when I’m rockin my crocs at the house (in sport mode, just in case)

Now if you just use them while hunting, I think they would work well since you constantly have weight on your back. I’m going to give them another chance on my next backpack hunt since I paid $225 for them, but for my day to day stuff when I’m not carrying anything extra, I’m sticking with super feet. It’s almost like they do such a great job at giving you arch support, that your feet become very reliant on them.
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to let me know. I'm on the fence but I would really only be using them when rucking or during long hunts when I'm covering a lot of miles or carrying weight.

Sadler

WKR
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to let me know. I'm on the fence but I would really only be using them when rucking or during long hunts when I'm covering a lot of miles or carrying weight.

I think that’s where I messed up. I was using them 75% of the time with no weight on my back in a pair of Salomon quest boots. If you’re just using them while under load, you should be fine. After all, I think that’s what they’re made for and I just misused them.