Anyone using Ozonics or an ozone machine (and willing to admit it)?

2531usmc

WKR
Does anybody know,exactly,what an ozonics system is and how it works. Are the ozonic particles supposed to destroy human scent or just mask it. Sorta like a cover scent. And what is an ozonic particle.

maybe if we knew the theory behind it, we could make a better decision on its usefulness

DuckDogDr

WKR
I would be careful using those. Ozone is a free radical and as a result causes a lot of oxidative .. ie severe organ damage when inhaled exposed.

Had a case back during Covid… some extra paranoid germaphobe girl rented one to decontaminate her apartment after one of her neighbors tested positive … not even her room mate .. her neighbor..

All warning labels said do not be in vacinity / room when in use…. She left but left her dogs in the apartment and man that was ROUGH.
Both dogs almost died but we managed to pull them through. Very few case reports of short term survival in literature…
We tried to refer to vet school for care, really needed a true criticalist but they weren’t stable enough to move. The criticalist wanted the cases so he could publish, and was mad I wouldn’t write up.
4/6 published cases across the US of exposure to ozone died.. no idea of long term effects but looking at them lungs … there was no way there wasn’t some permanent damage

tony

WKR
Anybody use one in a vehicle?
GF bought a dealer driven 2021 Jeep Cherokee. And Dino the sales guy that had it smoked like a damn steam engine. Car smells real bad.

GF bought a dealer driven 2021 Jeep Cherokee. And Dino the sales guy that had it smoked like a damn steam engine. Car smells real bad.
I have and seemed to work. However I was doing wet dog not cigarettes smoke.
My dad worked in the auto industry and they had one they run in every car they got in. It removed some nasty smells. It was a big machine though.

Used one a few years back on a rut hunt. Called a mature buck into bow range that was down wind. I believe in them but can’t justify the cost.

mi650

WKR
My wifes Suburban is our K-9 transport vehicle, and it can get pretty rank. Ozone generator FTW!!

They make little cigarette lighter ozone generators for cars that absolutely work. I've got a bigger one for doing clothes/rooms as well. I've never looked into ozonics that much but i'd love to know why theirs is so much more expensive than a much more powerful ozone generator that you can get for $60 on amazon.

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
I have one. I only use it if I’m hunting less than a mile from my car. My main problem sitting a spot is spinning around too much. So with the ozonics I’ll look all around. I’m especially keen to see if it is working down wind! Without it I just sit still and eliminate the 90 degree downwind direction behind me and make way less movement and noise.

Case in point I bought a swivel bucket lid seat the season I was using the ozonics. Proof I was scanning way too hard. If you really believe in it then every freaking sparrow pecking at something behind you could be a deer.

hikenhunt

WKR
Ozone is a very powerful oxidant and is highly reactive. It reacts with and kills pathogens, bacteria, odorous compounds, etc. in seconds. The main issues with ozone is that it will oxidize non-stainless metals, will deteriorate rubber, and can be harmful to respiratory systems.

The human detection threshold of ozone is about 10 parts per billion (ppb). OSHA requires that workers are not exposed to an average concentration of more than 100 ppb for 8 hours. Higher concentrations or longer durations can lead to minor eye, nose, and throat irritation, headache and shortness of breath. Most symptoms reverse within a couple hours to a couple days. Ozone is very dangerous in the 10 parts per million (ppm) or 10,000 ppb range.

I deal with ozone in the commercial/industrial areas. The units I work with produce up to 40 grams per hour (gph) of ozone. Personally, I purchased a small unit, the HME Throw-N-Go Ozone Scent Slammer (no affiliation), that produces 0.02 gph. These are clearly different scales of ozone units and both can be used safely with proper precautions.

I have used mine a lot around the house: deodorizing a room after changing a stinky diaper, in the car after spilled milk has gone sour, eliminating odors from stinky shoes, etc. I know for certain that ozone works at eliminating odors on a human detection level. I can remove the odor from a stinky bathroom in about 60 seconds, depending on potency. I know the verdict will always be out on game animals, but I believe it at least helps.