Anyone using Zingers?

Decided to give these a shot and ordered a few. Liked the idea of how light they are and four vane configuration.

Been using SK2 and like them ok but feel like my groups weren’t as tight as when I used four fletch but didn’t want that much weight on the back.

Just put some of these zingers on and went out for some shots. Gotta say, so far impressed. Groups are much tighter and the arrow appears to be staying on a straighter trajectory.

Interested in folks experiences. Do you put a dab of glue to make sure they never move or is that a concern?

OP
E
This guy tested them at distance and they fell off horribly compared to other vanes.
I see nothing in his pages that even mentions the zinger fletch. It looks like the biggest drop off in his graph is the heat vanes. Unless I’m missing something.

87TT

WKR
He tried them at their request and they failed miserably. He said maybe they weren’t for distance shots.

The PINK line. I was asked by a representative of Zinger Vanes to use their product for this test. I watched the installation video on their website and "fletched them" at 1", 1.5" and 2" from the base of the nock. As you can see, I didn't have very good results. the 3 arrows that I used hit the dirt at 51, 48 and 49 yards. I can only surmise that they aren't made to shoot far distances.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
I see nothing in his pages that even mentions the zinger fletch. It looks like the biggest drop off in his graph is the heat vanes. Unless I’m missing something.
Maybe I heard it on a podcast then. I know he's tested them. You can email him if you want, he's really good at responding.

entropy

FNG
I tried them once, and at the speed I was pushing the arrow with a fixed blade, they were not enough fletching.

My buddy, with a slower arrow and a smaller broadhead, likes them a lot.

DIY Sportsman on YouTube did a pretty in-depth review of them a couple of years ago.

Zac

WKR
Yeah that is interesting because I just watched DIY Hunter's vid, and he had the Heats with the best trajectory.

87TT

WKR
I've had pretty good luck with Heats four fletched right helical.

Reactions: Zac