Anything better than bushnell lrhs/lrts 3-12?

Baron85

WKR
Looking for a scope that competes with it betters the lrts bushnell. FFP, Big field of view, mil reticle and turrets, and a reticle that is useable at all mags is needed. This will be used for coyotes and big game.

I have 2 of the 4-18 lrhs/lrts and really like them other than the weight and wish they were lower power and bigger field of view. Just wondering if I keep looking for a 3-12 or what other options are out there.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
Not looking for ranger theta prices . Would like sub 2k. The nightforce has less field of view and heavier, leupold less field of view as well. Field of view is big for me and lighter the better.

Really like the specs of the Burris verocity 2-10 but it’s a generic bdc type reticle and MOA.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
Thanks for taking the time to write all that. I was pulling the specs from euro optics. They must be incorrect. Shows about 34’ vs mark 5 at 28. For coyote and fox hunting I have had. Few run in hot and fast under 50 yards and the bigger field of view is very helpful. I use a 1-6 on one of my ARs that works good up close but would like to setup my seekins ph2 to double duty for coyotes. It’s currently running my 4-18 lrts. My 4-18 is on my other AR that I currently pack if I’m expecting longer shots, but it was with this setup I had a few sneak in close and it was a little more challenging finding and killing the coyotes even on 4x.

I also have a Burris xtr3 I run on my 22 rifle. It has a great field of view and I considered getting another one but the reticle is pretty fine on low power. I like the thicker reticle for hunting.

Attachments

• 70F82C2E-712C-4872-A357-815DF1C9A6EB.png
    70F82C2E-712C-4872-A357-815DF1C9A6EB.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
B

Baron85

WKR
Excellent info. I guess I didn’t word it perfectly. Not looking for the “Best” but in this sub 2k price range. I understand what your saying about comparing at the same power level they are very close. What I’m looking for is ability for max field of view with still being able to get to 10-12x min on the high end. More would be nice but 10-12x top end will do what I need.

Thank you very much for putting in this much effort compiling this info. I might wait and see how the illuminated xtr3’s do. I really like the xtr3’s I have, just think the reticle is a bit thin on the bottom end. I will do a bit more side by side with the xtr3 and the lrts I have

ChrisAU

WKR
Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44 needs to be in the discussion.

MIL/MIL, FFP, capped windage, zero stop, wider FOV at 3x than the LRTS/LRHS 3-12, more X's on the top end, and red/green illumination.

Oh and lighter than all scopes mentioned so far, with spectacular Japanese glass.

Typing that out, it is a clear winner in your criteria. There is/was one in the classifieds this week, but you can also buy new for less than $1400.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
Another member messaged me about the ten mile. Looks promising and am going to do a bit of reading on it tonight.

Mhahn2

Lil-Rokslider
I am also interested in the tenmile. It's nice it has illumination unlike the mark 5. Wish it had the .2 mil wind holds on the main crosshairs.

jjjones7

FNG
The LHRS2 from GA is a damn good hunting scope for the price. In fact I prefer it to the MK5 3.6-18 personally. (However the non-illuminated PR1 mil reticle is really good) My only improvement I could wish on the bushnell is that they did a hybrid of the new G4P reticle and the G2H. I’d appreciate a floating dot and the 1/4 mil subtensions (better yet go .2) while maintaining the donut. While there are better scopes in certain aspects I feel the bushy’s were developed as a hunting scope and the value they deliver for price is unmatched.

If you’re dead set on a 3-12 brownells still has them LRTSi in stock……albeit for a hefty pricetag.

sndmn11

WKR
I'd almost be tempted to mount an RMR or similar on top of my rifle scope for those close encounters.

Similarly, it is a pretty simple thing to learn how to use a magnified optic with illumination like a red dot.