Anything good for hunting by The North Face?

TomJoad

WKR
That's good to know on the merino clothing. I'm sort out f looking for a new long sleeve and t-shirt. I've always worn this ratty old stoic brand merino long sleeve I got cheap through strap and cheap a long time ago. It's time to get a new one! I also have a hooded laspo merino long sleeve, but it's bright blue.

How does the ice breaker brand long sleeves compare to the stoic or laspo?

Sorry but I honestly can’t say as I’ve never worn either of them. are you looking for info on fit or more on durability/longevity?

Thermoball. Nuptse vest and jacket.

the other stuff like their goretex isn’t bad, especially at half off. You could make lots of it work.

FWIW contact some hunting brands. I bet you can get A nice discount elsewhere too.

Thin wool is inherently not durable regardless of who makes it.

With that said I would venture to guess the bigger players (smartwool/icebreaker) have better QC/durability and if and when you run into issues better CS and warranties. I could be wrong, but why else would they have climbed to the top?

Disclaimer that I work for VF, their parent company. That being said I don't work for TNF and I'm brutally honest. (often to a fault). Their down and synthetic (thermoball) insulating layers are solid per the above comments. Futurelight is really picked over (sold out) at the moment but excellent new technology, super light and way more effective breathability than any other membrane systems on the market. Look for all the new Futurelight winter gear to hit the TNF site around November. If you are a late season hunter I'd consider this. Finally on the equipment side I don't like their tents but they launched an excellent new bag this your called "The One". It is a bag system that takes you from 5 to 40 degrees with a zip on top quilt. With 800 fill down and under $300 it's also an insane value. What's especially good about hunting with this bag is the top layer that completely removes to make for a nice packable down quilt for warmth while glassing. It even includes a toggle closure to keep it around your shoulders in this configuration.

Other brands in our envelope that may be running first responder discounts (haven't checked) that are awesome: Smartwool and Icebreaker. Icebreakers merino is my absolute favorite, base layers are insanely comfortable and warm. Icebreaker also makes my favorite merino t-shirts for hunting, crazy lightweight and comfortable as the next of skin layer. Smartwool is better on the sock front.

Sales pitch complete. 😬
Thanks for this info.. little late to this party but found this on a search. Do you have any experience with their futurelight boots vs. crispi or any other normal hunting boot? I just bought a brand new pair of $400 crispi Nevada boots but have some Crestvale Futurelight boots that i have worn a couple times that were 1/3 of the cost. I just can’t find that much difference but thought you might know.. appreciate it!

TomJoad

WKR
Apologies for the late reply MZL season in CO!

unfortunately I don’t have experience with the new boot assortment. Ive used a similar future light trail runner but I wouldn’t recommend TNF boots for off trail work: hunting. They are just too light and not supportive enough to get the job done. Mountaineering boots from a company like Scarpa or Lowe are what I recommend for mountain hunts. I currently run Zamberland Tofane’s FWIW.