Anything I should compare to the NF NXS? Leupold VX6HD?

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought my first new rifle in a decade (CA Mesa in 300 WM) and now I'm scope shopping and stuck over analyzing. I liked the SHV for the price, but I really want something with Zero Stop and that looks like it bumps me up to the next $$$ tier. Anything else I should consider? Has Leupold tracking improved with VX6HD? I'm planning on the Hawkins rings since those seem to be pretty well regarded. I would rather pay more money now then go with something cheaper and want to upgrade.

Dcrafton

WKR
I just bought my first new rifle in a decade (CA Mesa in 300 WM) and now I'm scope shopping and stuck over analyzing. I liked the SHV for the price, but I really want something with Zero Stop and that looks like it bumps me up to the next $$$ tier. Anything else I should consider? Has Leupold tracking improved with VX6HD? I'm planning on the Hawkins rings since those seem to be pretty well regarded. I would rather pay more money now then go with something cheaper and want to upgrade.

Don’t buy a ZCO ( Zero Compromise Optics),
Because you will want them on all your rifles.
Hands down better than any NF and leupold is just left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bater

WKR
Super hard to answer your question without specs your looking for. Assuming SFP Razor LHT and Zeiss V4 are hard to beat.

Last edited:
OP
A

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
Super hard to answer your question without specs your looking for. Assuming SFP Razor LHT and Zeiss V4 are hard to beat.
Fair point, really look from something with no further zoom than 16x and in MOA. Ideally I want to be able to dial instead of using hold overs. Undecided on FFP vs SFP, I could make either option work.

Bater

WKR
This comes down to preference so I will list what I would choose based on my preferences in order.

Razor LHT 3-15
Zeiss V4 4-16
NXS 2.5-10
SHV 3-10
SHV 4-14 F1

Lots of other options but you didn’t give a price range. These are all close to the same price as the SHV minus the NXS.

To answer your question I personally would stay clear of the VX5/6 Lueps. I’ve had their failure to RTZ bite me in the butt and there’s just too many other solid options to risk it IMO.