Anything new since covid in ~2-20 ffp?

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
As the title states I'm looking for something in the neighborhood of 2-20, 2.5-15, 3-18. <30oz, FFP, and Mil. It'll ride atop a barret fieldcraft 6.5cm. Currently it has a 2-10 gen1 pst that just isn't the zoom I'm looking for. Looking at less then $2k. Pretty aware this is a tall task.

Clear leader is the NX8 2.5-20
Next up would be the Maven RS1 but no mil offerings
Leuopld Mark5hd 3.6-18 but low end mag is a bit high and I seem to find constant quality issue threads on the leupolds

Anything else that is not discontinued? Lots of recommendations in old threads for bushnell but those scopes all seem discontinued. Has anyone else come out with anything since covid (2020?) that really the last time I tried looking.

Thanks in advance for recs.

trijicon tenmile 3-18 is right in that ballpark, as is the SWFA 5-20 (definitely not new). There is a new bushnell LRSH2, it's only available through GAP. Have you looked in the long-range subforum at the scope info there?

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
trijicon tenmile 3-18 is right in that ballpark, as is the SWFA 5-20 (definitely not new). There is a new bushnell LRSH2, it's only available through GAP. Have you looked in the long-range subforum at the scope info there?
Thanks, those three are out for me at least for one reason or another, could go into it but its more personal preference then anything. the LRSH2 did let me stumble on the Bushnell elite 3.5-21 but that is also quite heavy so probably out. I've been searching the scope info there but hadn't found anything yet but I'm not as well versed so posted incase someone here had the info top of mind.

I'll keep looking

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
Thanks, those three are out for me at least for one reason or another, could go into it but its more personal preference then anything. the LRSH2 did let me stumble on the Bushnell elite 3.5-21 but that is also quite heavy so probably out. I've been searching the scope info there but hadn't found anything yet but know I'm not as well versed so posted incase someone here had the info top of mind.

I'll keep looking

May I ask why on the Trijicon? I have one and it is fantastic, and light. Eyebox and usability is way better than the NF 2.5-20.

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
May I ask why on the Trijicon? I have one and it is fantastic, and light. Eyebox and usability is way better than the NF 2.5-20.
Trijicon puts bible verses on their stuff, I don't want bible verses on my stuff. Otherwise it seems like a legit piece of gear like most Trijicon stuff does I just don't buy any. Too bad for me the Eyebox and usability is better on it vs the NF

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
ehh, I wouodn't trust the Vortex PST. It will fail on you at some point.

4-20 ZCO is a top shelf scope.

Edit to add the 4.5-18 LRHS 2 from GAP is solid.

Neither has the low power you're looking for but the ZCO has a great FOV.

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Nova, the ZCO is not a brand I was familiar with. Looks a bit heavy and outside the budget for this one. I haven't had an issues with anything vortex yet but I know they are out there its more just not the scope I want on the rifle anymore