Aoudad 6.5 CM

It's either Nosler 140 Accubonds... Or Hornaday 143 ELD-X. Both shoot very very well from my Tikka.

The 140 gr Accubonds took a Moose at 80 yards. I haven't hunted with the ELD-X yet.

I suppose the Aoudad will be further out than 100 yards.

What say you ?? :)

and I hate threads like this, because we all know both will kill :)

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
I used a 260rem with 143eldx and took a ram at 605yds. Worked just fine, bullet was against the skin on the far side and he didn't go far at all

BAKPAKR

WKR
My experience with sheep and a 6.5 CM is limited to a 147 gr ELD-M on a bighorn at a little over 400 yards. I could not have asked for better results.

I think both of the bullets you mentioned would work fine. I would use whichever one shot best out of my rifle.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I prefer the accubonds out of what you listed, if I were hinting Audra and could load my own, I’d look at the 129g hammer or 127lrx.

however, I think the 140 accubonds are a great bullet, also auras are tougher than moose, I don’t think you can ever use your knowledge of what killed a moose as a reference, the first one I killed was with a 130g silver tip.

I think they'll both be fine. Aoudad are pretty tough animals. My personal experience has shown the accubonds are a tougher bullet, and I see jacket/core separation in the ELD-X more often than not on tough animals like hogs. Really though, if you hit him good I'm not sure you'll see a huge difference in killing efficiency of those two bullets.

LightFoot

WKR
I just got back from an Axis hunt with a 6.5 Creedmoor + Hornady 143gr ELD-X. I have been shooting the ELD-X almost exclusively for the past 3 years. It is hard to argue with results....but...

With the 30-06 178gr, 300WSM 200gr, and 6.5 143gr, I have only had one pass-through (except head/neck shots).

I shot a deer with the 178gr at about 40 yds, broadside double-lung, and small hole in and no exit. Fortunately, DRT.

I shot a Javelina at 60 yards with the same 178gr. Small hole in and no exit. DRT.

This weekend I took a quartering-away shot on an Axis, behind the shoulder, and the bullet lodged in the hide in front of the other shoulder. (143gr 6.5) Based on the path of the bullet, I would have expected an exit. That deer traveled 30 yards and expired quickly. Again, small hole in and no exit (and no blood).

As much as I love these, my concern is the lack of exit holes and blood. If terrain is dense, an animal can be lost easily if there is no blood to follow.

I am going Aoudad hunting in October. They are tough. I expect the shot distance to be 200+ yards. I don't think I will be shooting the ELD-X.

>>>----JAKE----->

OP
Short Track
Thinking about this, when I shot my Moose with the 140gr accubond. The bullet caught the edge of a rib going in, and fragmented. The base of the bullet was under the off-side skin. Fragments everywhere across the ribs. No exit, no blood, not that you'll find blood through 2" of thick moose hair. ... But if that Moose traveled far, it would have been Bear food. Luckily Moose like to stand there after being shot....