Aoudad Back from Taxidermist

slatty

WKR
I had aoudad ground for breakfast at a texas hunting camp. I gotta say the smell was very unique and in some ways off-putting but once we ate it, it was really really good. It's the most unique smelling and tasting game meat i've had, very flavorful, I liked it a lot and I want more. I can see how it would throw off some palates though. I can't compare it to anything i've eaten before.

Seth

WKR
Beautiful mount.... I drew a tag for January so I will be keeping this in mind.

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
VERY nice mount. I've got a couple nice free range rams getting mounted up myself.

2019 Ram
20191028_220251.jpg

2020 Ram
20200707_181041.jpg

I'm always a little hesitant to click on these. Sometimes the poor guys get back a caricature of their animals.

This one is a work of art! Congratulations.

FLAK

WKR
I'm headed out for another one of those in Feb.,,,if you dont mind me asking - who's your taxidermist?

OP
Spiral Horn
Christy Martin - Martin’s Taxidermy & Wildlife Artistry in Boonsboro, MD

Awesome job! I have had a terrible time on finding information on diy hunt in Texas for these.
From what I can tell I thinking you are after diy hunting, New Mexico is where you need to look. Land access is the issue in Texas, with 95% or more of the land being private.

From what I can tell I thinking you are after diy hunting, New Mexico is where you need to look. Land access is the issue in Texas, with 95% or more of the land being private.
Thanks! Being from east of the Mississippi it’s difficult to find information on a western hunt. I’m having a hard time getting started. Thanks for the info!

Thanks! Being from east of the Mississippi it’s difficult to find information on a western hunt. I’m having a hard time getting started. Thanks for the info!
I’m kind of in the same boat. Looking at doing a guided trip to “learn” how to hunt them before deciding if I want to try a diy.