Aoudad rug

Has anyone ever had an aoudad cape made into a rug, or seen one done?

I am trying to come up with a way to do one that would highlight the hair in the chaps. My internet searches are not turning anything up so far.

I love the front shoulder mounts showing the chaps, but I don’t have a place to hang one, so I will not be doing that.

Planning to do a euro with the skull and then something with the cape so looking for ideas. Creative input appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
It doesn't sound like you have room for a 1/2 life-sized? It would likely cost around the same as a rug and is a super way to show off the chaps!

OP
T
That’s right. I love that look, but it’s not in the cards so looking for another way to utilize the cape and show off the hair.

i actually did this for a friend of mine as a gift for helping me on my hunt- basically i just took the cape and had it tanned, he uses it as a couch throw.

Jimss

WKR
Another idea may be to have a floor pedestal or wall pedestal with more shoulder made from the front part of the cape. You could incorporate some of the hide into the wood floor pedestal. A taxidermist could possibly add as much of the front legs and chaps as you want on a wall or floor pedestal.

You could also save the back 3/4 of the cape for a 3/4 rug and use the rest for a head mount? I did this with an oryx and was nice having the rear rug with long horse-like tail.

I really enjoy my 1/2 life-sized auodad! You could always put a 1/2 life-sized on a floor pedestal if it fits better? It's somewhat of a shame not somehow using the beautiful chaps in a mount!

If you want a euro mount with skull you can always have repros made of the horns. You would then have a euro plus head mount, and back 1/2 for a rug.

Just trying to help with different options!

OP
T
i actually did this for a friend of mine as a gift for helping me on my hunt- basically i just took the cape and had it tanned, he uses it as a couch throw.

Any chance you have some photos of the cape you did for your buddy? The couch throw is the general idea of what I was thinking. With the way the hair runs on the legs for the chaps I just wasn’t sure how it would look.

Thanks for the replies guys. Does not seem to be a common thing considering the lack of options out there, but still my primary path. I love the front 1/2 mounts, I just will not have a place to put one for the next few years so going the euro and cape combination somehow.

Brix8984

WKR
If you end up getting this done please share a picture of the final product.