Aoudad

LT.Sack

FNG
Just curious if anyone has ever hunted with huntaoudad.com guide service in Terlingua TX.? If not do y’all have one you would recommend preferably a bow hunt?

You’ll get more replies appropriately placed in the “sheep hunt” thread. Thatbeing said....

IMO, he would be hard to beat. Lots of properties, great guides, reasonable. prices. My hunt with him was excellent and successful.

Northpark

WKR
I second everything Theringworm said. Including west Texas Hunt organization. The ram in my avatar was with them. Hands down one of the funnest Hunt I’ve ever done.

OP
LT.Sack

LT.Sack

FNG
You’ll get more replies appropriately placed in the “sheep hunt” thread. Thatbeing said....

IMO, he would be hard to beat. Lots of properties, great guides, reasonable. prices. My hunt with him was excellent and successful.
Ok thank you! New to this website still trying to figure it out

Technically speaking he would have more luck putting it in a goat thread
Wrong.... Technically speaking... there are MORE threads in the Sheep section on Aoudad than the goat section.

If you would have said they are more genetically similar to a goat than a sheep then....technically you would have been right.

Dang technicalities 😜

Last edited:

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
Wrong.... Technically speaking... there are MORE threads in the Sheep section on Aoudad than the goat section.

If you would have said they are more genetically similar to a goat than a sheep then....technically you would have been right.

Dang technicalities 😜
True, there are MORE (thanks for the capitalization to add emphasis as I might have missed that word) in the sheep category.

jonny5

Lil-Rokslider
I got a hunt lined up out of Marfa in mid Feb. ,,,,my 2nd time there.
First time I came back with a 34" er.
FLAK, who have you hunted with there? I am looking at an option outside of Marfa for early 2022. PM me if you'd prefer.

Just curious if anyone has ever hunted with huntaoudad.com guide service in Terlingua TX.? If not do y’all have one you would recommend preferably a bow hunt?

Had a hunt with them last year and would not recommend them. You can PM me for some info if you are still considering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from hunting with them. worst experience three of us ever had with an outfitter. Was told we would have two guides.but had only one. Was told we would be hunting out of their truckseelse but had to us our own. Everywhere we hunted was hunted by someone else either the same day or the day before. No way they have the amount of ground advertised. One of our party some a few sheep one evening -- other than that not one sheep was seen. Don't get me wrong I have been hunting for over 50 years and understand hunting is hunting and have gone unsuccessful in the past but I would not recommend this outfit to ANYONE!

I’ll say it again, if you want a free range West Texas Aoudad hunt, https://www.westtexashunt.com/ is extremely hard to beat. He has an excellent reputation, several very large properties and all are strictly managed. He is booked up for a reason. However there are always a cancellation or two every year that pops up, some times at a discounted price. DIY, guided, etc……he has several options to choose from.

schmalzy

WKR
I’ll say it again, if you want a free range West Texas Aoudad hunt, https://www.westtexashunt.com/ is extremely hard to beat. He has an excellent reputation, several very large properties and all are strictly managed. He is booked up for a reason. However there are always a cancellation or two every year that pops up, some times at a discounted price. DIY, guided, etc……he has several options to choose from.

I hunted with Mike at WTHO on a solo DIY hunt. I would recommend and do again. I was not successful but it was an awesome time and the hunt was as promised/described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLATHEAD

WKR
How edible are they? These hunts look like they would be fun.

Found out by accident when I decided to use up the rest of one from last
Feb. by making jerky out of it. I had filled up my dehydrator and forgot I had some marinating in the fridge for the next batch. Well, my wife fried it up and let me tell you - I dont know if it was because it was sliced so thin or had marinated for 3 days in the fridge but it was tender and very, very good. Could cut it with a fork.
The Jerky is dang good too.