AOVOA Portable Grill

I have not tried that one but I did consider it when looking for e lightweight grill. I wondered how long it would take me to bend some of the support rods, or lose some. I decided to go the simple route with no moving parts to assemble.

They are definitely more expensive but check out Purcell Trench.

OP
robie

robie

WKR
I have not tried that one but I did consider it when looking for e lightweight grill. I wondered how long it would take me to bend some of the support rods, or lose some. I decided to go the simple route with no moving parts to assemble.

They are definitely more expensive but check out Purcell Trench.

Purcell Trench seems like a great option. What size did you go with?

I've got the Streamside Packers grill. I rigged the carry case so that it spans my pack frame and the grill holds pack contents away from my back for ventilation. It is a small grill and only weighs four ounces but it will cook a few trout or grouse breasts over the coals Good platform for a pot/mug also. I am planning to get one of the larger styles for canoe camping.

Thanks for the link ArrowForester, I've looked at the collapsible grills before and thought that they looked pretty gimmicky. I'll definitely be ordering one of the Purcell grills, I'm thinking the voyager. I can see more, steaks, grouse and trout on the menu for dinner on this summer's hiking trips.

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Ordered one this morning. Looking forward to grilling some caribou on it in August.