Sold Apex Rifles Ultralight 7mm Rem Magnum Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Apex Rifle Company Ultralight 7mm Rem Magnum, which is a copy of the Rifles Inc. Strata. Here are the specs:
  • Remington 700 “C” Series action, milled to lighten and blueprinted
  • Fluted bolt with lapped lugs and face trued. Custom lightweight shroud.
  • Skeletonized bolt handle
  • Tuned Walker trigger that breaks clean at 1 lb, 10 oz.
  • Stainless steel match grade barrel with integral muzzle brake, 22-7/8” total length, .530” at muzzle. 1:11 twist. About 75 total rounds fired.
  • ADL configuration
  • 16-oz. carbon fiber/Kevlar stock in camo, mountaineer configuration. Barrel free-floated.
  • 13-3/8” LOP and 43-3/4” overall length
  • Weighs just 5 lbs 4.2 ounces!
  • Black Cerakote on everything.
I bought this rifle about two months ago, ordered a couple of boxes of 139gr SST loads from Reeds Custom Ammo and sighted it in with a Swaro Z8i. It shot around .7-.8 MOA with the Reeds ammo. The previous owner said it also shot very well with 150gr Sierra Game Kings. There is a little loss of cerakote at the muzzle, and an area near the butt pad-to-stock junction that has been touched up. And the butt pad is slightly squished at the top. Not a problem; it just makes the rifle mount easier to the shoulder. And there is a small chip at the grip cap. That’s really it. The integral brake works very well to dampen recoil. The photos show a semi-vivid green color in the stock, but it’s actually much more muted than shown by my iPhone camera. The stock color in the photo with the rifle on scales is more true to the actual color.

Why am I selling it? I’m an ultralight rifle nut. I also own a Rifles Inc. Strata in .30-06 AI among others. This rifle is the same as my Strata in build quality. But it’s an ADL rifle. I keep buying ADL rifles thinking I will grow to like them. I’ve even owned a NULA, Barrett Fieldcraft and Bansner custom….trying to like them. I guess I’m just OCD about having a floorplate or flush-mount magazine. I think it’s time I stop trying to like ADL rifles! What makes this a hard decision is the rifle shoots so well.

$2,100 shipped to your FFL from an individual. Payment via Paypal FnF or USPS money orders preferred. The rifle is cross-posted, so time stamp prevails on the first “I’ll Take It.” Drop me a PM if you have any questions or need additional photos. If you have a mountain hunt in your future, don’t let this one get away. It’s an ultralight shooter! Thanks for looking.

Keith

IMG_9742.JPGIMG_9751.JPGIMG_9741.JPGIMG_9744.JPGIMG_9745.JPGIMG_9748.JPGIMG_9758.JPGIMG_9759.JPGIMG_9760.JPGIMG_9765.JPG

Last edited:
OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
That twist rate is accurate. 1:11 That rules out the heaviest projectiles. It performed fine with 150gr and you might could go a few grains heavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.