Appalachian slam

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Sounds like a heck of an adventure to me. Go get 'em.
I’ve already set the wheels in motion. VA and WV this year. Dad will be doing the NY and NJ section next year so I’ll start working my way north. The license are very affordable.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Ya'll getting plenty of bear down there now? honestly around here where i live they are borderline nuisance animals lol
Yea we have a pretty healthy population now. According to the biologist we have bear in every county

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Yea we have a pretty healthy population now. According to the biologist we have bear in every county
cool! i lived in Wilkes county for a bit when i was right out of college and really never heard of bear around there etc. is why i was asking, mostly read about the coastal bears etc.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
cool! i lived in Wilkes county for a bit when i was right out of college and really never heard of bear around there etc. is why i was asking, mostly read about the coastal bears etc.
According to the latest biologist report we have 15,000+ in the state with approximately 5,000 in the 24 western counties. We have a rising deer population too.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Yea we don’t have a deer population like the coast here in WNC. We have some but nothing like that

Shupe88

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a challenge! I’ve got Va done so might just try the rest! Count me in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve gotten North Carolina and a buck in Georgia. A long ways to go

I know it’s very difficult. Ours overlap in North Carolina. I’m starting to study the states to see how it all lines up. I hate to say it out loud but I can believe how affordable the tags are on the east coast it. A deer tag in Maine is 75 for non-resident.
Sounds interesting. I wish you lots of luck and success.

One minor correction though. Maine nonres big game license is $115 which includes a buck deer tag. A bear tag is an additional $74.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I will. I’ve considered starting a new thread to kinda update. Even in my scouting up to completing a stage or portion of it

Unfortunately if you are talking about all of the states that have the Appalachian Trail running through it. The GREAT GOVERNOR MUPHY of NJ canceled our bear hunt by executive order and then threatened DEP to not do the 5 year bear study required to keep it going if they wanted to keep there job. So we only have deer available.