Apple Airtags Save the Day

ODB

WKR
Good stuff. Know many people who use these on international trips to much success.

We are going to try them with my mom who has dementia and tends to wander the campus where she lives and gets lost. My dad will sew it into her purse which she always carries.

Also, you can change the name of the AirTag in the Find My app (Duffle, Gun case, etc). I put it behind the foam of the gun case so it’s less likely to fall out if inspected or be discovered if the case is stolen. When traveling with family, just update the names (Jill’s bag, bob’s bag, etc)

This is good info - especially the explanation of how they work when out of the detection range of your phone. My uneducated brain looked into these a while ago and when I saw the range I immediately dismissed them without looking any further. I mostly want one to hide in my old Duramax - I feel like it's just a matter of time until it's stolen. I wonder what the battery life is when temps are consistently well below freezing. Or if it damages the battery.

Thanks for the post and for the additional info from others explaining how these work. Good Stuff.

They use a standard watch battery, which lasts about a year at room temperature. Easy to replace and iPhone notifies you when the battery is low. Assume cold temps materially reduce battery life.