Apply to be an Air Traffic Controller!

z987k

WKR
Under 31 and thinking about a career has to be kinda rare, OTOH it is kinda like playing video games, only with real stuff. I know a manager in a southwest Center and one of his minions. Sharp upstanding guys. Youngster has more money than he knows what to do with. OSH in late July is fun too from what I hear.
While I'm over 31, I have friends in their late 20's and not a one of them isn't well established in a career. Waiting until your 30s to start a career is fine, but not the best idea.

Grumman

WKR
Too old myself but my son might have interest one day. Are there any medical entry or recurring medical exams for ATC roles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z987k

WKR
Too old myself but my son might have interest one day. Are there any medical entry or recurring medical exams for ATC roles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, they have to have a Second class airman medical.

The requirements for that are in 14 CFR part 67 subpart c.

Like any part of aviation you might consider doing, go get a medical first. Then worry about the rest. They're usually about $100 and that lets you know where you are. Most people can get a 2nd without a thought when they're young. People that live even remotely healthy can usually keep it to old age unless they're genetically unlucky.