Applying Boot Treatment- Brush, fingers, gloves?

JStol5

WKR
Bought some Zamberlan full grain boots and ordered some of their boot cream. Never really had a high end pair of boots and want to take care of them. For applying the cream- do ya'll just use fingers, latex gloves, a soft brush, those makeup wedge sponges, etc? Thanks.

bootstrap

Lil-Rokslider
I tried the sponge that came with the Crispi boot cream, but wound up just using my fingers. Which ever way works best for you to get into all the little nooks and crannies.

Ckoenig

FNG
Old socks work great. Use a rubber glove to keep the cream off your hands. It’s a pain to wash off. Biggest trick I’ve found is sticking the boots over a heater vent or on the boot dryer after so it soaks into the leather.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I use a dauber brush. I clean the boots with a brush, apply the cream, and buff with another brush or cloth.

eoperator

WKR
I buy a small (1") paint brush and cut the bristles down to 3/4-1" long with a scissor, seems to give good fast coverage

Ten Bears

WKR
I take an old hand towel, boil some water and pour it over the towel so it’s wet not soaked. Lay it over the boot for a minute or so that the leather gets warm. Push the stuff in with an old t shirt with my fingers. Dry over heater vent.

I use my fingers to rub it in. The heat from my fingers and the friction help warm it up to be better absorbed. I also remove the laces so that even the leather under the eyelet flaps get a good coat of dressing. Also, I only use Crispi waterproofing cream for my boots.

Bought some Zamberlan full grain boots and ordered some of their boot cream. Never really had a high end pair of boots and want to take care of them. For applying the cream- do ya'll just use fingers, latex gloves, a soft brush, those makeup wedge sponges, etc? Thanks.
I just use a pair of nitriles and keep it simple. I know most boot manufacturers don’t recommend it, but mink oil is still my go to, the zamberlan stuff seems alright, but certainly doesn’t last as long… I haven’t found anything that does… I don’t like to clean and treat boots, and mink oil lasts about a year

SNO SEAL here apply a good coat with fingers especially the stiched areas, do remove the laces and apply to tounge area also, hair dryer on low heat until it melts set boots aside a while then light brush with a old shoe brush. Also do not let the boss lady catch you with her hair dryer best to do it when she is shopping.