Apxg2 gear?

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody around here use their layering system? I have an obsession with mossy oak brush and am wanting to get a good layering system. I already have a full arrangement of first lite merino base layers. Just looking at the tundra pullover, l3 pants, l4 jacket, l3 primaloft vest, and the l5 rain gear pants and jacket.

I hunt western Oklahoma whitetails and and southeast Wyoming antelope and mule deer right now. So I'm sure it would work great for what I do now, but I'm wanting to start putting in for other states and doing the back country thing. So I'd like to accumulate some quality stuff. I'm also going to Alaska next summer to hunt with my budy up there. Either fishing and black bears, or dalton bou's. So I'm really interested in the rain gear quality.

Russell is decent gear. I prefer wool for backcountry stuff. I do have some russell pieces in MO brush that I wear duck hunting/whitetail hunting. Its going to be good gear, synthetics just smell after you wear them once... Thats the only drawback

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried the Tundra on the other day at Sportsmans Warehouse. It seemed like a pretty solid garment, I was pleasantly surprised. I had a preconceived notion APX was cheap, but it all seemed decent. It was also a lot more expensive than I thought it should be.

weaver

WKR
I have a lot of the russel gear . Got most of it for 50% off. For what i paid for it i really like it but will be upgrading to kuiu or krptek piece by piece as it wears out. I think its a little pricey for what you get if you pay full retail.

Lawnboi

WKR
Its decent stuff, not worth full price though. I had a good amount of it but i got it all for 50+% off. Only piece id steer clear from is the l3 zephyr softshell pants. They fit very wierd, and the crotch rides very low.

OP
O

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies everybody. I am gonna go ahead and order a couple pieces. I like buying gear, so I wont mind upgrading later on if I feel that is necessary!