AR-10 Recommendations?

Rock4

FNG
I am in the market for an AR-10. I just sold my DDM4 V7 to fund an AR-10 that I will use for target shooting and hunting and of course just to have a cool rifle. Preferably something with a longer barrel in either .308 or 6.5CM - I am open to either, feel free to persuade me. I have never owned an AR-10 but am comfortable with the AR platform due to owning a couple different AR-15. For what its worth, I already have a Tikka T3x for a lighter weight bolt action. I just want something different/unique/accurate/fun to shoot. I would use It for deer/elk/etc. And before you say It, I know the bolt action is much lighter and better for a pack rifle. If I was on any deep hike-in hunts I would probably just bring the Tikka. Budget is anywhere up to $4500ish.

So far I was interested in a few different brands/models...
- Seekins SP10 (hard to get - 6+ month wait from the manufacturer)
- Christensen CA-10 DMR
- LWRC R3PR MKII (Found one under MSRP)
- DRD Tactical Paratus
- Nemo XO
- VSeven?
- JP?
- Noveske Gen III 6.5 Creedmoor?
- Wilson Combat?
- POF Revolution?
- Others?

Last edited:

Glassn24

FNG
I got REPR MKII off GB for under $3k - it’s the elite with proof research barrel, and side charging handle. It’s heavy but I bought it with the exact mindset you’ve got. Don’t regret it one bit, it is hands down the nicest rifle I’ve owned. I’d keep an eye for them and find the deal that fits.

Weldor

WKR
I’ve had it awhile. Very accurate. Mine is the 16” pencil profile. Runs great, I have shot it out to 500 meters sub moa. I think about selling it now and again, but still have it. Taken a few whitetails and a turkey with it, carry’s real nice. Nice part is just collapse the stock and put in your pack. Quality for sure from Roam. Had a lot of 10’s this is the lightest.

B23

WKR
I am in the market for an AR-10. I just sold my DDM4 V7 to fund an AR-10 that I will use for target shooting and hunting and of course just to have a cool rifle. Preferably something with a longer barrel in either .308 or 6.5CM - I am open to either, feel free to persuade me. I have never owned an AR-10 but am comfortable with the AR platform due to owning a couple different AR-15. For what its worth, I already have a Tikka T3x for a lighter weight bolt action. I just want something different/unique/accurate/fun to shoot. I would use It for deer/elk/etc. And before you say It, I know the bolt action is much lighter and better for a pack rifle. If I was on any deep hike-in hunts I would probably just bring the Tikka. Budget is anywhere up to $4500ish.

So far I was interested in a few different brands/models...
- Seekins SP10 (hard to get - 6+ month wait from the manufacturer)
- Christensen CA-10 DMR
- LWRC R3PR MKII (Found one under MSRP)
- DRD Tactical Paratus
- Nemo XO
- VSeven?
- JP?
- Noveske Gen III 6.5 Creedmoor?
- Wilson Combat?
- POF Revolution?
- Others?
Seekins SP10 would be my choice, in fact it was. :) I have a NIB SP10 6.5CM if you're looking for one.