AR-10 Recommendations?

Rock4

FNG
I am in the market for an AR-10. I just sold my DDM4 V7 to fund an AR-10 that I will use for target shooting and hunting and of course just to have a cool rifle. Preferably something with a longer barrel in either .308 or 6.5CM - I am open to either, feel free to persuade me. I have never owned an AR-10 but am comfortable with the AR platform due to owning a couple different AR-15. For what its worth, I already have a Tikka T3x for a lighter weight bolt action. I just want something different/unique/accurate/fun to shoot. I would use It for deer/elk/etc. And before you say It, I know the bolt action is much lighter and better for a pack rifle. If I was on any deep hike-in hunts I would probably just bring the Tikka. Budget is anywhere up to $4500ish.

So far I was interested in a few different brands/models...
- Seekins SP10 (hard to get - 6+ month wait from the manufacturer)
- Christensen CA-10 DMR
- LWRC R3PR MKII (Found one under MSRP)
- DRD Tactical Paratus
- Nemo XO
- VSeven?
- JP?
- Noveske Gen III 6.5 Creedmoor?
- Wilson Combat?
- POF Revolution?
- Others?

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Go SP-10. It’s the best bang for the buck. There’s a reason why guys in PRS Gas gun shoot it and why GA Precision build theirs off of it. If you can afford it, then next go JP.
I have an 6.5 SP-10. I hunt and compete with it. I love it.

Just build it and save some coin. I wanted a light AR10 for hunting and the civil war (when I saw the election stolen). Literally no expense was spared in an attempt to make this AR-10 (.308 Winchester) both as ultra-light as possible but also to ensure complete reliability. No cheesy plastic triggers or undependable buffer systems - just the best of everything.

Starting with a Xanthos-Lite receiver set from 2A Arms, the build includes an 18" fluted carbon-wrapped barrel from BSF, a titanium adjustable BCG from 2A Arms, 12" Smoke Composites hand guard, Smoke Composites closed butt stock "enhanced" with Limbsaver pad, Smoke Composites cheek piece riser, M-Lok finger stop with QD swivel connection on hand guard and M-Lok QD connect on butt, and includes both a Smoke Composites ultra-light pistol grip and the California compliant grip. Single stage AR-10 competition trigger from Timney is the go switch. Hollow Ti pins from 2A Arms, V Seven weapon systems- TI pins, castle nut, Light weight Bolt catch, ultralite Mag catch, light weight selector, and two Lancer 10-round mags round out the build. Fired to test functionality by the builder/armorer. Tested with Barnes 150-grain TTSX ammo and BCG adjusted to run like a sewing machine. As it sits right now it weighs 5# 15.8 ounces. I could have had it about 10 ounces lighter but that would have required no cheek piece riser (how can you achieve cheek weld without one?), an open un-padded butt stock and a less-dependable buffer system. Another 1.4 ounces could have been saved by using a 16" pencil profile barrel instead of the 18" BSF large diameter carbon-wrapped barrel, and finally another 2 ounces could have been saved by using a different shorter and slightly lighter but less operationally friendly hand guard. So it's possible to have the bare weight down to around 5#, but the add-ons on this rifle were a good tradeoff in my opinion.

ar10-2.jpg
ar10-3.jpg

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I met a few of the crew from Seekins this summer. Solid guys who build some really nice rifles across the board. I only shot the 15 variants there but wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on one.

Jsmith410

Lil-Rokslider
I had a GA Precision GAP-10 with a Bartlein that was stupid accurate. It shot everything well.

Mschroeder40

Lil-Rokslider
I built this off an aero precision m5e1 builders kit upper lower and handguard it has an aera 51 muzzle break, Ranier arms match 22" 6.5 creed +2 barrel, geissele 2 stage flat trigger, jp Lomas BCG, SA adjustable gas block, oversized Bravo charging handle, luth ar stock, dura coat kryptec paint, ergo grip,advanced lower parts kit. It shoots 1/2 in groups all day.20190504_181510~2.jpg

WCB

WKR
If you can find the parts build. I built my AR15 and spent 1/2 of what basically the identical gun from a well know manufacturer would charge and I had zero wait time. Even if you but a complete upper and lower kit or something you can normally save.

GLB

WKR
If you can get the parts I would build it the way you wanted it. I built this one for some local competitions. I used Aero upper and lower receiver and a Criterion barrel.

Attachments

• 7378ECB5-B3A7-4BB9-91E4-8D2501567CF5.jpeg
    7378ECB5-B3A7-4BB9-91E4-8D2501567CF5.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 38

HNTR918

WKR
Just build it and save some coin. I wanted a light AR10 for hunting and the civil war (when I saw the election stolen). Literally no expense was spared in an attempt to make this AR-10 (.308 Winchester) both as ultra-light as possible but also to ensure complete reliability. No cheesy plastic triggers or undependable buffer systems - just the best of everything.

Starting with a Xanthos-Lite receiver set from 2A Arms, the build includes an 18" fluted carbon-wrapped barrel from BSF, a titanium adjustable BCG from 2A Arms, 12" Smoke Composites hand guard, Smoke Composites closed butt stock "enhanced" with Limbsaver pad, Smoke Composites cheek piece riser, M-Lok finger stop with QD swivel connection on hand guard and M-Lok QD connect on butt, and includes both a Smoke Composites ultra-light pistol grip and the California compliant grip. Single stage AR-10 competition trigger from Timney is the go switch. Hollow Ti pins from 2A Arms, V Seven weapon systems- TI pins, castle nut, Light weight Bolt catch, ultralite Mag catch, light weight selector, and two Lancer 10-round mags round out the build. Fired to test functionality by the builder/armorer. Tested with Barnes 150-grain TTSX ammo and BCG adjusted to run like a sewing machine. As it sits right now it weighs 5# 15.8 ounces. I could have had it about 10 ounces lighter but that would have required no cheek piece riser (how can you achieve cheek weld without one?), an open un-padded butt stock and a less-dependable buffer system. Another 1.4 ounces could have been saved by using a 16" pencil profile barrel instead of the 18" BSF large diameter carbon-wrapped barrel, and finally another 2 ounces could have been saved by using a different shorter and slightly lighter but less operationally friendly hand guard. So it's possible to have the bare weight down to around 5#, but the add-ons on this rifle were a good tradeoff in my opinion.

View attachment 292468
View attachment 292469
I want one!
Not exactly the same, but damn close.
When I added up the costs back before COVID it wat gunna cost me ~$3,000 to put together.
What was your final bill?

HNTR918

WKR
I am in the market for an AR-10. I just sold my DDM4 V7 to fund an AR-10 that I will use for target shooting and hunting and of course just to have a cool rifle. Preferably something with a longer barrel in either .308 or 6.5CM - I am open to either, feel free to persuade me. I have never owned an AR-10 but am comfortable with the AR platform due to owning a couple different AR-15. For what its worth, I already have a Tikka T3x for a lighter weight bolt action. I just want something different/unique/accurate/fun to shoot. I would use It for deer/elk/etc. And before you say It, I know the bolt action is much lighter and better for a pack rifle. If I was on any deep hike-in hunts I would probably just bring the Tikka. Budget is anywhere up to $4500ish.

- Christensen CA-10 DMR
- DRD Tactical Paratus
- Nemo XO
- VSeven?
- JP?
- Wilson Combat?
- POF Revolution?
- Others?
If you want pure accuracy and don't care about weight.
I've seen GA Precision, Seekins, & JP all shoot lights out.

Mschroeder40

Lil-Rokslider
I shot at 600 yards last night and put a 2in 3 shot group on steel. If your going to build it do it right! Mine is heavy but it shoots great.

Mschroeder40

Lil-Rokslider
Ar10's are still expensive even if you build it. Especially right now. You will have close to 2k if not more in a build. Jp bcgs are the best and they are not cheap. I really like my Ranier arms match barrel also.

Presto

FNG

- Christensen CA-10 DMR
- DRD Tactical Paratus
- Nemo XO
- VSeven?
- JP?
- Wilson Combat?
- POF Revolution?
- Others?
Check out citizen arms. Made in NC. Expensive but worth it

B23

WKR
If you want pure accuracy and don't care about weight.
I've seen GA Precision, Seekins, & JP all shoot lights out.
No first hand of the GA Prec or the JP although I'm sure they're good but my Seekins SP10 and the other SP10 I've been around shoot and function/run extremely well.

If I was in the market for another AR10 it would be another Seekins SP10.

dmc

FNG
I went SP-10 and have no regrets, but use it less than I had thought I would due to the weight.