AR-10 Recommendations?

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Good stuff. My first suggestion and I know you just bought it…take the hand guard off and cut the slat right in front of the adjustable gas block screw. Just trust me. Use a Dremel.

buggz

FNG
Good stuff. My first suggestion and I know you just bought it…take the hand guard off and cut the slat right in front of the adjustable gas block screw. Just trust me. Use a Dremel.
Thanks, read this in other forums also.
Do you have pictures?

Mschroeder40

Lil-Rokslider
That rifle is still at bass pro in the fine gun room in springfield. You should give them a call.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, read this in other forums also.
Do you have pictures?
That’s my 6.5 SP-10 on top and my Seekins 3G2 in 223 Wylde on the bottom. I cut both.

Attachments

• 9E3AF07C-269D-43FA-A7D6-551C7E42C527.jpeg
    9E3AF07C-269D-43FA-A7D6-551C7E42C527.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 46

brando77

FNG
My advice would be to just build your own. ARs are easy enough to assemble, regardless of caliber. I'm somewhat new to 10's, but have several franken-gun 15s all assembled from various parts from various brands. Just spend some time researching reputable parts/brands and get at it. It's fun. There's something to be said about picking out the parts you want and assembling, and then tuning, a reliable rifle exactly how you want it. Rather than buying one off the rack. Just my opinion.

Here's my .308 gasser I just finished a few weeks ago. My idea was to put together an "ultimate utility-rifle" chambered in a full-powered cartridge. Short enough to be a good bush-gun. Long enough to land hits at braggable distances. A good scope with an illuminated reticle and magnification-range that can be dialed down to run close for thicker brushy terrain or dialed up for open country. Basically a be-all, do-all type of semi-auto rifle.
-LaRue lower
-Stag upper
-Odin bcg
-Vltor charging handle
-Geisselle SSA trigger
-Seekins ambi satety
-Ergo fat grip
-Criterion 18" 1/10 midlength barrel (Great so far, 3/4" w/168 MK's. I'm still tuning loads for it)
-Superlative Arms adjustable gas block (The "bleed off" valve on this is great)
-BCM mod 1 comp.
-SLR Rifleworks ION Lite 15" rail (Awesome rail! Sleek, ergonomic. No shimming/timing. Locks solid. MLok all around. All business, no ziggle-zaggle cuts or other silly shit)
-Battle Arms finger hook - handstop thingy
-Vltor Emod buttstock / Vltor standard RE
-Tubb flatwire AR-10 spring (Great spring. Used in conjunction w/SA gas block it softens bcg inertia. Hopefully no broken bolt catches)
-Leupold VX6 2-12x42 w/firedot
-LaRue LT104 mount.
-Troy backups
-Surefire m300 / Arisaka offset mount
-Not pictured is my Harris bipod in an ADM mount that goes on the rail section up front. That only goes on when I actually need it
-Everything rattle-canned in olives and tans.
Total weight is around 13lbs. She's definitely a fat chick when it comes to lugging her around. But, I do an extra pushup every morning for strength.
MANdon BLAMilton 1 - 1.jpeg

Last edited:

Cdpp880

WKR
One that is a little cheaper and has been great for me is the rock river predator HP model. It’s way more accurate than it should be. Mine shoots under 3/4 MOA out to 600 with 168gr federal and Hornady. The trigger is not bad but not great either but that can be changed out easily.