AR 15 cleaning tools

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider
Want to get your opinions on the CAT outdoors cleaning tool and the Otis B.O.N.E tool. Or, any others you might fancy.

Rockwell

FNG
The only thing special is a chamber brush. I have the Otis bone tool, think I've used it twice since I've bought it several years ago and it really isn't worth the cost.

Nylon brush (for bcg), plastic pick set, a bore snake and a box of rags is what I use on all of mine. Sometimes a cleaning rod with a bore brush and patches if I just drum dumped a pile of winchester white box. You can easily strip an AR down far enough that I wouldn't think you really need anything special. Just check your feed ramps and make sure there's nothing crunchy on your bcg and should run forever.

I’d agree with sentiments above. I spent hours of my youth making the internals of various M16s sparkle. These days I run my ARs wet with SLIP 2000. I will use a pick set to scour carbon when I really clean them. I have some GI type chamber brushes and a bore snake. Apart from that I don’t use anything special. The late (great) Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical was famed for running his loaner ARs Tens of thousands of rounds between cleanings with a healthy dose of SLIP.

11boo

WKR
Chamber brush is the most needed item. Cheap GI cleaning rods work, but some guys prefer a one piece rod. Anything else is fluff.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I was out shooting the 6.8 this weekend. I still clean mine pretty much like I did when I was in the Army. CLP, a toothbrush,cloth, pipe cleaners, patches and cleaning rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a bore guide that locks into the barrel extension and the special chamber brush.
That’s all I use that’s special for the AR’s.
I use a bore guide for all my rifles.

WCB

WKR
Some picks, AR chamber brush, Cheap tooth brushes, Qtips and an old rag. other than that pull a bore snake after shooting just to nock out the carbon. Clean mine after outing. I clean to inspect.