AR15 Arm Brace Comment Period By Jan 4 Act now

So I doubt alot of members on here are really into AR 15 arm braces. And I do not want to discuss there relevance.

What we should all be worried about is Atf over reach and that this is simply back door gun registration. On products that they already deemed legal years ago and tons have been purchased.
Now they want to redefine them. And are not even providing clear guidelines.
This really opens up a precedence to be set.
They just keep inching away at our rights in small nibbles and next thing ya know.

If you go to SB tactical they have good links to they have good links to the comment spot.
(ATF) and
docket number (ATF 2020R

Looks like I was able to attach the SB tactical link.

Attachments

• SB-Tactical_Proposed-ATF-Regulations_Press-Release (2).pdf
    164.4 KB · Views: 32
OP
BRTreedogs
Its there foot in the door to being able to just reclass then require registration or confiscation.

There banking there won't be much uprising on the braces.
But most cases later on will be one by precedence being set.
What happens when its 10 round mags, all semi autos etc

amassi

WKR
Enforcing the existing definitions of rifle and pistol is not creating some slippery slope that ends up in confiscation. They're closing a decade old loophole that was abused by gun owners and parts manufacturers to create unregistered sbr while openly thumbing their nose at the ATF.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
Enforcing the existing definitions of rifle and pistol is not creating some slippery slope that ends up in confiscation. They're closing a decade old loophole that was abused by gun owners and parts manufacturers to create unregistered sbr while openly thumbing their nose at the ATF.

Did you read it?

You act like you are scared of SBRs.

They shouldn't be NFA anyway

260madman

WKR
I love the way It’s worded. What defines a large caliber and heavy weapon? One handed firing? Well there goes most pistols right there. Better not defend yourself while having both hands on your pistol or you’ll be going to club fed.

But it’s a work around of the NFA! Who gives a crap. A brace would probably help somebody like me with a back injury and severely restricted on what I can do.

Do away with the NFA and problem solved. Suppressors for everyone and no tax for an SBR or SBS and what ever else BS they’ve come up with over the years. You want full auto? Have at it. I don’t pay your ammo bill. We won’t be any safer if this becomes a rule. Overreach of the highest order. You want to make us safer? Look at crime statistics and demographics and start there. Life is cheap to some cultures in this country.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
I love the way It’s worded. What defines a large caliber and heavy weapon? One handed firing? Well there goes most pistols right there. Better not defend yourself while having both hands on your pistol or you’ll be going to club fed.

But it’s a work around of the NFA! Who gives a crap. A brace would probably help somebody like me with a back injury and severely restricted on what I can do.

Do away with the NFA and problem solved. Suppressors for everyone and no tax for an SBR or SBS and what ever else BS they’ve come up with over the years. You want full auto? Have at it. I don’t pay your ammo bill. We won’t be any safer if this becomes a rule. Overreach of the highest order. You want to make us safer? Look at crime statistics and demographics and start there. Life is cheap to some cultures in this country.
Finally someone who gets it

amassi

WKR

The brace was originally sold as a device that aided 1 handed amputees and disabled people in firing AR pistols. That's where the "one handed" wording comes from. It doesnt apply to pistols because well they are still pistols and not short barreled rifles
The brace was never intended to create short barreled rifles or be a loophole for the nfa.

rodney482

WKR

ATF ruled they were legal... then people bought them.
Hard to then make them illegal without a grandfather clause.

amassi

WKR
ATF ruled they were legal... then people bought them.
Hard to then make them illegal without a grandfather clause.
And then people used them as buttstocks which led to them re examining whether or not the stabilizing brace was being used as a brace as intended or a buttstock.

Vandy321

WKR
And then people used them as buttstocks which led to them re examining whether or not the stabilizing brace was being used as a brace as intended or a buttstock.

And then...the ATF came out and said it was ok to shoulder them, so......

amassi

WKR
First bump stocks, now braces...

And then...the ATF came out and said it was ok to shoulder them, so......
And that was exploited by a million fools playing sbr dressup on the weekends. Lots of pistols with braces, cans and lvpo rolling out to play patriot bois. Now they're reaping the harvest they've sown. Nobody called atf over reach when they said you could shoulder them without passing a law but when they reverse their own decision everyone calls foul

OP
BRTreedogs
I know as a person that travels for work and takes my personal defense seriously it is alot easier to travel with a pistol then an atf item

Work around or not we should be able to have whatever we want in America without any registration or tax.

To me a brace is not a work around because I don't really believe in an sbr.
Its just a rifle.

amassi

WKR
Seriously amassi do you work for the ATF or something? You sound anti 2A
No- I'm pro 2A but I recognize that as long as people get upset about losing trinkets like bump stocks and pistol braces they have no interest in overturning sweeping legislation like the nfa. They're happy to have a small loophole

amassi

WKR
They arent perfectly legal since they were purchased as pistols but intended to be used as rifles l.

bsnedeker

WKR
No- I'm pro 2A but I recognize that as long as people get upset about losing trinkets like bump stocks and pistol braces they have no interest in overturning sweeping legislation like the nfa. They're happy to have a small loophole

So we should sit on our hands whenever the ATF decides to make the NFA rules more strict because that will help to overturn the NFA....I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time following that logic.

I would like to interject here. I knew this was coming. I feel it is unfair to the people who paid the $200 tax stamp, waited upwards of 1 year, only to have some others cheat the system and by putting a brace on their AR and use it solely as a stock. I also want to say that we should do away with the NFA completely, but that is a different day for a different thread. With the rules we have now, I feel pistol braces are not valid under the law.

amassi

WKR
So we should sit on our hands whenever the ATF decides to make the NFA rules more strict because that will help to overturn the NFA....I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time following that logic.
No but if the energy that went into bump stocks and pistol braces went into a unified front attacking the nfa with a court case(s) we might make actual progress. The NFA ruling does not provide precedent but if all million pistol holders registered them as short barreled rifles (fee waived) then the millions of sbr become common. Items commonly held by citizens are easier to deregulate
AND has case precedent to help move the lawsuit along.

Common held forearms= good
Boog boi trinkets= bad