AR15.com booted by GoDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
First, remember we're all on the same side here, so keep it civil. I'll pull the thread if it turns into a fighting mess. Important to get the info out to you though, so I'll take the risk (someone hit me if it's up already somewhere else on RS and I'll pull this one.)

This kind of fall out (to Parler) makes me sketchy nervous:

Can't wait to vote in the 2022 elections!

archp625

WKR
First, remember we're all on the same side here, so keep it civil. I'll pull the thread if it turns into a fighting mess. Important to get the info out to you though, so I'll take the risk (someone hit me if it's up already somewhere else on RS and I'll pull this one.)

This kind of fall out (to Parler) makes me sketchy nervous:

Can't wait to vote in the 2022 elections!
Censorship at its finest. People thought what's going on in other countries is crazy (China) its happening here.

Ten Bears

WKR
Sad news and unfortunately you have to wonder about RS. Who provides hosting for RS ? And has anyone found a welcome host just in case the great purge expands to forums such as this ?

We are on such a slippery slope and the ground keeps getting slippery and steeper......and we are starting to slip.......not good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
So sad and disappointing.

It's just so interesting to see people repeat the same mistakes of the past and think there will be a different outcome.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
My understanding (and I can’t remember where I saw it) was the it was shutdown because godaddy uses the Amazon AWS service now and it was sort of a pass-thorough block. If that’s the case it’s very interesting because the domain and webspace was purchased through godaddy, not AWS, and that it was godaddys decision to move to AWS. That was out of the purchasers control.

this type of thing will get very complicated very quickly.

ODB

WKR
I saw on CNBC that Angela Merkl criticized FB, Apple and Amazon for censorship of Trump and others. I was surprised to hear it since she and Trump hate each other but she realizes this is a dangerous slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she (and others) feel it’s the federal government’s position to do the censoring.

very German.

Rob5589

WKR
I don't think these sites are being pulled for the reason they are telling you.

The trend will be that anything weapon/gun related will be deemed as "violence" and therefore a breach of the policies of the host.
Until there is a hosting service friendly to these things, expect it to get worse.
I have no idea how these things work but it would be a prudent idea for these websites to form an alliance and build their own hosting system.

I'm confused....do we want to repeal Section 230 so that platforms can be held criminally liable for content they host, or do we want a free for all? Seems like cherry picking here....

ARF has some of the most biased whacko mods. The content they allowed was pretty outrageous at times,, I'm surprised they lasted as long as it did.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm confused....do we want to repeal Section 230 so that platforms can be held criminally liable for content they host, or do we want a free for all? Seems like cherry picking here....
Ryan and I have chatted about this. Seems that 230 works until a company becomes huge and monopolizes the marketplace. But take that as from a barely informed source as me. Doesn't matter that I own half this joint, this is all new territory.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
she (and others) feel it’s the federal government’s position to do the censoring.

very German.
At least America has a Constitution (for now) which "is supposed to prevent" our government from doing the censoring, but now they just allow the media and big tech to do it for them. Silence any truth, silence any logic or reason, and silence any dissenting thoughts, or speech.

Superdoo

WKR
It's interesting to look through the proposed legislation for the 117th congress.
https://www.congress.gov/search?q={%22source%22:%22legislation%22}&searchResultViewType=expanded&pageSort=dateOfIntroduction%3Adesc

Some of the ones I've found so far...
- To prohibit the imposition of the death penalty for any violation of Federal law, and for other purposes.
- To address the disparate impact of climate change on women and support the efforts of women globally to address climate change, and for other purposes.
-To repeal the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002.
-To require the publication of the name of any person pardoned by the President, and for other purposes.
- To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to create a reduction schedule for public service loan forgiveness, and for other purposes.
- To provide that certain Executive Orders with respect to Federal employee collective bargaining and workplace rights shall have no force or effect, and for other purposes.
- To amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to allow all eligible voters to vote by mail in Federal elections, to amend the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 to provide for automatic voter registration, and for other purposes.
- To prohibit the transfer of a firearm at a gun show by a person who is not a federally licensed firearms dealer.
-To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.
- To require the safe storage of firearms and ammunition, and to require the investigation of reports of improper storage of firearms or ammunition.
- To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to more comprehensively address the interstate transportation of firearms or ammunition.

They are coming hard and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.