arca-swiss/spartan precision adapter

gexpro

WKR
Ive always been a big advocate for "multi purpose use" on items i take with me on my trips. Glass from the tripod, make a shot from it if needed in a pinch, while retaining the same fluid head. I love my fluid head. I did not want to replace it with the spartan precisions davros head. although, i am sure the davros serves great for its intended purpose.

So i hit the drawing board and made a few quick measurements, came up with the universal arca-swiss rail and spartan precision adapter. 3D printed out of PLA+ for now, and bam.. now i can throw this on and take a shot from my tripod.

If spartan precision is listening, maybe this is something you guys can make in the future out of billet? I would be very interested and i know i cant be the only one..

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I like this a lot. I just ordered the Davros head since it was on-sale. Not even thinking it wouldn't be arca-swiss compatible. Nice work. I'll likely end up doing something similar.

Dschwan

WKR
well done! Looks great. I made some adapters for the Outdoorsmans head for a fellow hunter. He also wanted the ability to attach his bipod to it. 20200618_172801.jpg

OP
gexpro

gexpro

WKR
I like this a lot. I just ordered the Davros head since it was on-sale. Not even thinking it wouldn't be arca-swiss compatible. Nice work. I'll likely end up doing something similar.
Yes! the Davros will be a good setup for stand alone shooting from a tripod. i wanted to retain my fluid head so this was the only sotultion i could think of. I will most likely do a final reprint with a carbon fiber PLA for more strength. However it is very durable as is. Field testing to come soon!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Nice solution. I have been thinking about this, and don't have a 3D printer.

The best I have though of is chopping off a Spartan male connector, drilling and tapping it, then bolting it to an Arca plate. I'm not convinced enough to buy the parts and destroy them though.

Again, nice work.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve had about 5 people ask me about this, considering I already make arca rails, pic rails etc. It will probably be an option for my mini 7075 aluminum pic rails once I finally get around to making them, and also the same option for certain arca rails.

I glass from my fluid head and shoot off of it... you just gotta get fast at leg adjustments! Usually moving the leg position on the ground is a lot faster for small adjustments than it is to loosen and extend or retract a leg section! Just my 2 cents.

OP
gexpro

gexpro

WKR
I’ve had about 5 people ask me about this, considering I already make arca rails, pic rails etc. It will probably be an option for my mini 7075 aluminum pic rails once I finally get around to making them, and also the same option for certain arca rails.

I glass from my fluid head and shoot off of it... you just gotta get fast at leg adjustments! Usually moving the leg position on the ground is a lot faster for small adjustments than it is to loosen and extend or retract a leg section! Just my 2 cents.
Awesome! Yes, shooting from the tripod is a really nice option. This year I took a 455 yard shot at my buck from off my pack stacked on a Boulder. This adapter would have certainly been money in that situation. I was on a steep hillside with no option to lay prone.

mt100gr.

WKR
Great minds think alike! I did mine a little differently. I cut off a 12mm bolt and recessed the top cut so I could epoxy a magnet in there. Then I drilled and tapped the bolt head 1/4-20 so I can use any tripod base plate. Works pretty slick. 20201217_105722.jpg20201217_105909.jpg20180623_152623.jpg

6.5x284

WKR
Like it a lot. I’ve asked several folks to make something like that. What I want is this adapter, but instead of picatinny in between the spartan adapter and sling stud, one model with the outdoorsman mount and the other with the arca mount. Perfect for the front of a rifle. As is, I just run these and they sort of fit in the outdoorsman in a pinch.
8df8ad2f5cce0980b1b325a18d4aabe2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders! As a rep for Spartan Precision Equipment, I stumbled across this thread and wanted to ask you guys a question. We have made a spigot that can fit to any Arca Plate. We have not offered them for sale as we were not sure if there was a market. Look at the pictures of what we made.

If we made the effort to put this into production, do you think there is a market?

Any suggestions?

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

sndmn11

WKR
Hey Roksliders! As a rep for Spartan Precision Equipment, I stumbled across this thread and wanted to ask you guys a question. We have made a spigot that can fit to any Arca Plate. We have not offered them for sale as we were not sure if there was a market. Look at the pictures of what we made.

If we made the effort to put this into production, do you think there is a market?

Any suggestions?

View attachment 306992

View attachment 306993

View attachment 306994
yes

Yes, I have emailed Spartan, asked on Instagram and posted about this need on RS

I made one with a brass PEX fitting but would buy a nice one with the magnet

924f94daa0b4475124b2ccee7b3ea99a.jpg

OP
gexpro

gexpro

WKR
Yes, definitely would be something worth making. I came up with a 3D printed model for this exact request, very solid.

I hope you guys make this into production, because I will buy into it without a doubt.

Q - are you going to make the post only, or have plans to machine a arca plate integrated with the post?

The little pin that sits next to the center post for the locking/panning feature is very useful and I would like to see the final product with it!

any feedback I’m here for you!

Attachments

• C1F5A95A-E4D1-4496-B6D1-206A2E461107.jpeg
    C1F5A95A-E4D1-4496-B6D1-206A2E461107.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Yes, definitely would be something worth making. I came up with a 3D printed model for this exact request, very solid.

I hope you guys make this into production, because I will buy into it without a doubt.

Q - are you going to make the post only, or have plans to machine a arca plate integrated with the post?

any feedback I’m here for you!

I would prefer post only, much more flexibility some plates and heads are a little picky, this would also let folks use it on an outdoorsmans, manfroto, whatever, head or even just a trekking pole.

OP
gexpro

gexpro

WKR
I would prefer post only, much more flexibility some plates and heads are a little picky, this would also let folks use it on an outdoorsmans, manfroto, whatever, head or even just a trekking pole.

Yea I hear ya, however from a durability stand point all integrated would be the way to go..

universally the post only is clearly the best option. Pick your poison I suppose

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

Any suggestions?

View attachment 306992

View attachment 306993

View attachment 306994

I would buy one.

Only sugestion would be consider making the base a little wider so that it engages with more of the plate.

Even so, I would order the one you posted today if it was available.

My preference would be for the shorter one.