Arca Swiss with pic rail rifle mount

Phil j

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to post up some pictures after getting the titanium arca plate in from salmon river solutions and mounted up. Fit and finish are phenomenal. It feels custom fit to the RRS anvil-30 head. Definitely the go to product for mounting an arca plate to a hunting style rifle, most others out there are all longer than necessary.
What is the hole spacing on this plate?

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What is the hole spacing on this plate?
The arca mini spacing is 1.2”. I’m actually just finishing up a run of them after a redesign to allow spacing of 1.2” and under. I have had some people mention to me that AG now offers a “tripod” option with 1” spacing so I wanted my rails to be an option for that.

Here is a photo, it still has to be sent out for anodizing but I just did a run of 45 Mini Arca and 60 arca+pic rails.

image.jpg

BBob

WKR
Also another idea to add to your plate: Make a QD insert option either in the Pic rail or extend the sling boss and make it a touch bigger for a QD insert? Here's a pic rail with an insert.

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 34
  • File_001.jpeg
    File_001.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 34

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
I love the idea - Would just want to mount closer to the balance point as opposed to all the way up front. The new heads and tripods out there really shine when you can get that rifle balanced without any torque.

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I love the idea - Would just want to mount closer to the balance point as opposed to all the way up front. The new heads and tripods out there really shine when you can get that rifle balanced without any torque.

I totally agree with that in most shooting positions off a tripod. I run the mini arca in close to the mag well. But then I also run the arca+pic rail at the fore end for when I use the tripod in place of a bipod. Some spots I hunt have a little shelf that I have enough room for a prone shot, but the bipod would be way too short. So I use the tripod in that shooting position.

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ya that’s off my hells canyon speed. I installed one tee nut into the stock, and “bedded” threads into the original sling stud area.

Flyjunky

WKR
how do you think that stock would handle an arca plate farther back, more mid stock, for balance?

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It just depends how you do the install. Don’t remove any of the molded in support ribs. Here’s the photo of the one tee nut I installed. the stock is plenty strong enough.

F32BD906-FB9D-4B37-BF75-20A90D2CF935.jpeg

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes I have a 4” arca rail. It’s $55 shipped. I make my rails out of 7075 aluminum which is 60% stronger than 6061. My rails also work with the spring plunger/retainer on the top face of tripods.

I also cut them with a radius section and flat out section, to ensure maximum mounting surface on any style stock.

Ken