Archers Advantage or ?

Set up
Bow: Prime Centurgy 70# 28"draw
Arrow: Victory V-force 28.7" 440gr.

I am confused... I bought this Centurgy and it has an IBO of 333. I used the provided info in archers advantage shaft selector to pick out some arrows. Then I start shooting it with fletchings its alright, but bareshafts are alittle wonky. So I ran it through a Chronograph and it said 293fps right on par with the Program based on the IBO. But the sight marks Didn't work, so I used the Calculate Speed method with Range 1 at 35yds and range 2 at 75yds. Based on this gave me an actual speed of 258fps, so I tested and the sight marks are right on using this speed. So when I plug 258fps in the program changes the IBO to 293fps. So is my Bow underperforming this much? or Do I just have to fudge numbers to get an accurate sight tape? IDK anymore.

I wouldn't worry about the speed if the sight tape lines up. At 293 with any decent weight arrow I think your bow is right on IBO performance. There are so many things that affect arrow flight and how quickly they slow down that the initial speed is just a good starting point. Fletching type, size, offset/helical, FOC etc. all affect how that arrow flies and it's different for every single person and arrow setup. Even how that arrow transfers energy from the bow to the arrow. If it makes you feel any better, I have something about the same with 280+ fps chronographed speed and my sight tape speed is in the 250s to get the drops to line up. Been that way for 3 years now but it's right on out to 104 yards which is my max before I hit the housing with my top fletching.

So I plugged in all my info and the tapes that the program spit out where not even close. I tried and tried and decided to just go back to the stock sight tapes black gold provides with sight and it worked much better.

Brendan

WKR
Only way a sight tape program will be correct is if you measure peep height, and sight radius, both taken at full draw in a draw board and input those.

Personally, I've had better luck with Pinwheel Software for Archers than Archer's Advantage. I'm on a Mac and wasn't a fan of AA online.

Does your sight have a dove tail adjustment? The FPS won't matter for the sight tapes if the distance between your peep and pins at full draw is greater than or less than the standard distance they use in their algorithm. Sight extended further out on dovetail= more accuracy potential, but pins will be spaced out more and the corresponding sight tape will be different.