Archers Advantage Software

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shaun, go with Calculate Speed as it will allow you two marks to build your tape off of, vs one mark and known speed. The Calculate Speed is more accurate. On the Chronograph option, the reference range is the range you have for you mark and the reference mark is the actual mark on your sight. I use my 60 yard pin for my mark, which is my reference range and on my Hogg Father the reference mark is 27.4. If you enter those two references, it will calculate a speed.

On the AA program, the calculated speed always seems to be about 15 to 20 fps slower than if you chronograph your bow, so don't get to caught up in what it says your speed is.

Call me if you have any other questions.....

wapitibob

WKR
yeppers, don't go with one mark and chrono as it will use a std ballistics solution rather then create a specific curve for your bow. Shoot in your 2 marks, always.

OR Archer

WKR
We use AA at the shop to build tapes for customers who purchase adjustable sights. We start with building a customer profile based on their bow and arrow set up then plug in the data. Speed, dial marks, and the sight measurements. For the most part it is accurate. It is however only as accurate as the marks you plug in. It may take a few shooting sessions to refine your marks from your first tape to get it really accurate.

Blackcow

WKR
Great program. Definitely shoot a short and long mark and let it calculate speed.
Also, if you center your housing in your peep instead of your pin, then measure from your sight to as close to the front if your eye as you can instead of the normal peep to pin measurement. Your marks will be a bit better at the longer ranges.

vcb

WKR
Yeah man it was a learning curve for me!! Once all the info is in there its pretty cool. Also tells you how your spine is stacking up to your setup...nice thing is you can play with your tip weight, shaft length and see instantly how it affects foc, spine etc...Cool program. One note for your tape...It didnt fit on my avery labels. So I went to office max and bought a full sheet label. Then made my own custom label layout so 50-140 would fit on the label. Then cut it out, put clear packing tape over the top of it, trimmed the packing tape then pulled the label backing and put it on my dial......