Archery Brown Bear Hunt

BuckSnort

WKR
Awesome hunt Rebecca, you got some grit girl!... I never would have thought the bears would be that high up the mountain in snow especially the one around the 6 minute mark... What are they eating up there?

OP
R

rebecca francis

Thanks so much for all the kind words! It was definitely a memory I will never forget!

OP
R

rebecca francis

Awesome hunt Rebecca, you got some grit girl!... I never would have thought the bears would be that high up the mountain in snow especially the one around the 6 minute mark... What are they eating up there?

When they are coming out of their dens in the spring they are way up high. When we went on the spring hunt in 2006 the bears were already out and down at the river by the first part of the hunt. But the hunt in 2010 spring was late and every bear except one was high in the snow. Some were still hanging out near their dens. When they first come out of hibernation they don't eat a lot. A little later on they work their way down out of the mountains and start eating grass. They are pretty cool to watch! One of the bears we watched that was high in the snow would slide on the snow down to the bottom of a chute and the snow would move with him...then he would climb all the way back up and do the same thing again. We watched him for hours! We even got it on video! They are pretty fascinating creatures!

muleyman

Lil-Rokslider
Rebecca, my wife and I just watched the video and it is incredible! Needless to say you are now my wifes hero. She had never hunted before meeting me and now it is a major part of our lives, she has tried to post on other websites and never had any luck communicating with women. Hopefully now after seeing this she will feel more comfortable to ask questions and post here on Rs. Thanks!

OP
R

rebecca francis

Rebecca, my wife and I just watched the video and it is incredible! Needless to say you are now my wifes hero. She had never hunted before meeting me and now it is a major part of our lives, she has tried to post on other websites and never had any luck communicating with women. Hopefully now after seeing this she will feel more comfortable to ask questions and post here on Rs. Thanks!

Thanks muleyman! And you should tell your wife to get on here! We would absolutely love to have her. I love talking to fellow female hunters! There just aren't enough of us.