Archery Brown Bear Hunt

Jdog

WKR
RF - absolutely awesome. That took some major league nerves to get in on that bear like that in the open.

Ibow

FNG
Absolutely incredible - what a great video and great hunt. To have that much time on the stalk to let your mind work on you with the whole time knowing the bear was watching you inch in on him, well, not too many words can describe it. Nerves of steel.

Congrats on a terrific job and the trophy of a lifetime for sure!

OP
R

rebecca francis

Thanks guys! It was definitely a situation I had to dig deep into my mental strength. It was pretty cool to be close enough to see him blinking and breathing.

OP
D

david long

Rebecca, awesome brown bear vid! Can't even imagine what all was going through your mind as you were standing there only 24 yards from that critter! Great job!

Maxhunter

WKR
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing!

I'm headed back this fall for round #2 for archery brown bear.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Ok guys, help me out, the link provided isn't working for me so where can I find this video??!?!?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
HAHA, oh don't worry its working on mine too, I just need to have my eyes checked. In other news all animals this year are safe from me cause I can't see anything even right in front of my face!!! :D

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
That was a cool hunt. Nice work on those scree cliffs.
He's a beautiful bear. Love the blondes!!
Congrats to you and your team.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Holy smokes that was intense!!! Way to go. That guide of yours was awfully calm given what he had invested in his client :D Thanks for sharing Rebecca and we would really be down for meeting you two when you guys come through next month if it works out.

OP
R

rebecca francis

Hey guys my outfitter just called and had some cancellations for this bear hunt in May. He will give a good deal if anyone can go on short notice. Hunting dates are May 10-25th.

Bighorse

WKR
I've taken a few Brown Bears. They are indeed amazing to hunt. I'm going out again this spring to help another friend get one. I was along when my wife got one last spring with her rifle at around 30 yrds. I don't need to shoot everyone. I do need to visit the country where they live though.
Your work ethic and skills are amazing. Thanks for sharing and taking us along for the ride. I'm taking my 13 yr old daughter into the same unit your got your big archery ram from, DS165 this year. Your videos are an inspiration to a young huntress and her daddy. Thanks!

Nice work, Rebecca! The wife and I watched this hunt the other day. Hard work, and in this case, a little bravery, went a long ways towards bagging that bear.

WV Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Impressive. I must say, I'm not sure I could have held myself together for a 24 yard archery shot on a brown bear. I still get nervous shooting dinky whitetails in WV.