Archery Brown Bear Outfitters

Recommendations from the group on outfitters to focus on Archery Brown Bear either this fall or next spring?

I am not so much concerned with size as I am with taking a mature boar with my bow.

Baited would be best odds, Jonahs Alaskan outfitters get good reviews though I have no personal experience. I do know he is a successful bow hunter himself which makes a big difference.

Jonah Stewart is excellent...great track record from about 2014 on. I successfully hunted with him in 2015 and arrowed a nice brown. Good luck!

bowonly

FNG
I second Jonah. Even baited, doing it with a bow is not a gimmie. Jonah knows how and has been successful with lots of bowhunters (that listen to his advice). I took one with him using a recurve in 2014.

If you want to do it non-baited, success with a bow over salmon streams in the fall would be a good choice. My research tells me bow success in the spring is a little tougher since the bears are traveling and harder to predict.

Also, be sure your outfitter and guide are on board with only using a bow. There are a whole lot more outfitters who would rather take a rifle hunter than those that want to use only a bow. Have a good understanding about when you might hear that BANG! when using a bow.

BRWNBR

WKR
Jonah is good people. You may be pushing it on someone having a opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk