Archery Case Misc Items

BKhunter

WKR
I have a hard shell bow case and I have certain things that I like having at all times, but don't feel like carrying an extra bag. Can anyone recommend a good way to store them in the case to prevent them from banging around inside and sliding all over the place? Items are allen key, broadhead wrench, arrow puller, bow wax etc.

lintond

WKR
I'm the Susie home maker of the group. For my SKB case I did three modifications. I cut out some of the foam so my side bar mount fits and glued black fabric back over the foam. I also got some elastic strap and sowed it into the case to hold my stabilizers. I also sowed in a small pocket to hold my string wax and other misc items.

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
I used machine screws and nuts to mount a small tackle box to the inside of the lid on mine. Works as long a you don't mind putting a few small holes in your case. If I had to do it over again i would just use the heavy duty 3M picture hanging strips. That would allow you to pull it out and re-attach.

FlyGuy

WKR
I'm the Susie home maker of the group. For my SKB case I did three modifications. I cut out some of the foam so my side bar mount fits and glued black fabric back over the foam. I also got some elastic strap and sowed it into the case to hold my stabilizers. I also sowed in a small pocket to hold my string wax and other misc items.
I have the same case and love it. How difficult was it to cut the foam? I've been thinking about "French fitting" a number of small items into the foam filled areas in the case (stab, BH case, tools, wax, etc), but ive been a little scared to just start doing surgery on it. Could you get a clean cut?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
I have the same case and love it. How difficult was it to cut the foam? I've been thinking about "French fitting" a number of small items into the foam filled areas in the case (stab, BH case, tools, wax, etc), but ive been a little scared to just start doing surgery on it. Could you get a clean cut?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I also have the SKB but the foam is on top and feel like everything would just fall and move around anyway. Can you post a picture of what you did?

lintond

WKR
I'll try and post pics tonight. The bottom of the case is styrofoam with a fury black fabric over it. I just used a box cutter to cut it and scrape it to get it flat. Covered it back up with new fabric I bought and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference for a home hack job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
I'll try and post pics tonight. The bottom of the case is styrofoam with a fury black fabric over it. I just used a box cutter to cut it and scrape it to get it flat. Covered it back up with new fabric I bought and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference for a home hack job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh I know which one you have. I have the one that is all foam. The furry one i see you can cut into and attach straps. Not so sure with mine.