Archery Desert Sheep Hunt Prep

mtnhntr

WKR
Well I posted before in a thread on budgeting for sheep hunts - well I just tripped the trigger on an archery desert sheep hunt in Mexico with Clay Lancaster for December 2024...

So now it's time to start exercising the budgeting I preached, and start playing with set-ups. I have a bunch of archery hunts booked between now and then, so I'll have some time to tune up and get everything leveled out. Due to happenstance and timing, that same fall I'll be trying to seal the deal on an archery woodland caribou and moose in Newfoundland too. I'm looking forward to having my set-up spot on, and don't really want to change it up too much between these hunts.

Was looking to any advice/input from anyone who's archery hunted south of the border for the big rams. I've done archery sheep hunts before, but was looking for some first hand experience as to anything unique I should prepare for.

Thanks!

Good luck! Exciting hunt with almost 4 years to wait and prepare for it.

A local friend killed a nice Desert with Clay a couple years ago...his Grand Slam ram. It was a rifle kill, but what surprised me was how high in elevation he was hunting and how cold it was on his hunt. Can't remember all the details though.

I arrowed a ram in NV a long time ago...I also hunted in snow in the Mormon Mts in November. The sheep were more active later in the day in the cold weather, and also moved at night...unlike bighorns I was used to hunting in CO.