Archery Elk 2019

I know this is a long shot but I am looking to see if anyone would be interested in an archery Elk hunt in 2019. I am in KY and will be driving west for this hunt. I am thinking about applying for tags in NM so it would be best if someone wanted to party up so we could get tags in the same area. I only have 1 point in Wyoming so will not draw this year so I am looking into applying for NM first then moving on from there. NM draw results come out around the end of April so after this the decision can be made to apply for a controlled unit in Idaho or explore some of the OTC opportunities. This is what I am thinking and if anyone has a better idea on what they want to do I am open for suggestions. My only goal is to go on an archery elk hunt and have a good time. I have a good amount of gear for myself and could loan some gear to someone if needed. I have the month of September scheduled for vacation so I will be able to meet any schedule for this hunt. If you don't have the time its not an issue I will probably fill in my vacation hunting solo. This will be my second Elk hunt and first with archery equipment so I am willing to change areas or application strategy if someone has a better idea.

Nathan

Trial153

WKR
NM is a hard place to plan a trip around as its completely random for tags.

Just my two cents from someone that travels west every year. Your better off planing on getting an OTC tag and start making soild plans.

Last edited:

Just my two cents from some that travels west every year. Your better off planing on get an OTC tag and start making soild plans.

x2

Lots of opportunities and info available

Just my two cents from someone that travels west every year. Your better off planing on getting an OTC tag and start making soild plans.

+1, plan for OTC and you might get lucky and selected for NM. How it works for a random state.

OP
N
I am open to changing plans this is my first time planning an archery hunt. Last year I just purchased an Idaho OTC hunt with my cousin and made the drive. My cousin had issues going out for a hunt and using archery equipment since we have never hunted elk before. We did a few pack ins 3-5 miles and the only place we found elk was close to the forest service road and was heavily timbered so archery equipment would have been good enough. I started this to look for some people to go hunting with if anyone is interested just send me a PM and we can discuss. I am willing to change plans and basically do whatever as long as I get to go hunting.

Kentucky

WKR
This was my plans for this year as well. Then we decided to build a house in March.. started in may, split work load between house and daily job, should be done this February...

I’d love to be part of an OTC Idaho archery hunt or a Speed goat in WY. I have no experience in western hunting, but have MTB out there serval times and proficient with my recurve and kit.. send me a PM if you wanna get something planned for 2020

Im from Kentucky as well...had an OTC CO archery elk hunt planned but my partners bailed due to some family issues. Im in the same boat as I do not have enough points worth using in any other states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentucky

WKR
I ended up getting Lucky enough to draw a KY archery either sex tag so I’ll be hanging out in eastern part of state this year.