Archery Elk Hunter videos Wolves in N Colorado

Gerbdog

WKR
Yea i know the vote went through to introduce wolves (not mine!) but there's no way the state pulled the trigger that quick... they just cant do things quick period... much less introduce wolves. That pack must have moved in from somewhere else.... hard to say how long its been there for....

Hunters not seeing elk in CO is not an uncommon story haha.

Overdrive

WKR
We have video of them, know where the den is too. We've counted 2 adults and 6 pups visiting a kill site for several days. Be interesting to see what happens during the first calving season with these wolves so close to the cattle ranches, problem is CPW I'm sure is watching the ranchers closely they're just itching to write a ticket.

isu22andy

WKR
Predator call , AR 10 with a silencer thermal combo take that problem out pretty quick. Big furry meat hungry feral pigs.

TK177

FNG
Wolves can travel extremely far distances and do, I would assume they were already there but in rugged places people do not often go. You would be surprised how little some of the wildlife biologist get out into the areas they are supposed to survey. If those folks did they could have just told the state legislators that they already had wolves. I saw a Wolverine in WA and the biologist told me they had never been anywhere near that drainage to survey animals.

Where was this information last year when this got brought to a vote? The article makes it sound like the wildlife officers have known about the wolves since 2019 and put a collar on one in February. Makes me wonder how many more wolves have been kept under wraps?

Reactions: OMB