Archery elk Smokey Bennett unit 43/48 Idaho

Cody96056

FNG
From the sounds of it, this isn't the tag you think it is. It'll be better the later into the season it gets. hope for weather and be looking for elk coming down from 44, 48, and 49.
I knew it would only be good if you guys got some wheather to drive them down. I bought the tag in March online it said their were only 10 left when I purchased one for me and a buddy. I had no idea they gave out 2500. That is just a stupid amount of hunters. Sounds like I just paid good money for a crap shoot. Were going to be hiking in to an area on Bennett mountain that's public and we will probably just hang out there opening weekend and just glass. But my Hope's are dying quickly. Lol if they say 5000 elk winter in that area why would you give out tags for 50% of the population. I live in north eastern ca. And right in the middle of mule deer country so everyone in the state puts in for are area. I really appreciate all the info guys. Are we going to be having all these yahoos with atvs tearing things up or is that area have alot of road restrictions I hope they have road restrictions if not. This will definitely be a more let's scout some other zones why were here lol. Atleast we got a 2 day fishing license.

I knew it would only be good if you guys got some wheather to drive them down. I bought the tag in March online it said their were only 10 left when I purchased one for me and a buddy. I had no idea they gave out 2500. That is just a stupid amount of hunters. Sounds like I just paid good money for a crap shoot. Were going to be hiking in to an area on Bennett mountain that's public and we will probably just hang out there opening weekend and just glass. But my Hope's are dying quickly. Lol if they say 5000 elk winter in that area why would you give out tags for 50% of the population. I live in north eastern ca. And right in the middle of mule deer country so everyone in the state puts in for are area. I really appreciate all the info guys. Are we going to be having all these yahoos with atvs tearing things up or is that area have alot of road restrictions I hope they have road restrictions if not. This will definitely be a more let's scout some other zones why were here lol. Atleast we got a 2 day fishing license.
Should be better than a crap shoot if there's some weather, this year at least. They've been trying to get the elk off the farmers in that area for a few years now by various schemes on tags. This does seem like a bit of a nuclear option, I wished they opened up more muzzy opportunities on the A tags, but I doubt it will draw a bunch of hardcore guys. You'll probably see a lot of youth hunters and guys driving the roads. If the weather does come in and force the elk down they'll be traveling through those units in a hurry.

Cody96056

FNG
Should be better than a crap shoot if there's some weather, this year at least. They've been trying to get the elk off the farmers in that area for a few years now by various schemes on tags. This does seem like a bit of a nuclear option, I wished they opened up more muzzy opportunities on the A tags, but I doubt it will draw a bunch of hardcore guys. You'll probably see a lot of youth hunters and guys driving the roads. If the weather does come in and force the elk down they'll be traveling through those units in a hurry.
Yea I've been dreaming of getting an elk since I was a kid. I'm not a horn hunter just meat. I've killed alot of bucks and I mainly bow hunt but I figured I'd give this a shot for my first time. But I probably would have choose another unit or even state if I realized before hand they were giving out 2500 tags for this hunt. That just seems ridiculous. I'm use to private land owners being rude I'm from ca so I know how to hunt outscerets of private and stay on public. But I will have ca plates so let's hope I dont get back to my truck and have flat tires. Lol. Were all not shitty people just most of the state is.